1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Desert Sled 'upgrade'

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Hatrick, Jun 23, 2017.

1. fullsizeoutput_409c.jpeg IMG_5379.JPG Been tickling the bank balance again - added a few more bits!
    Still waiting for the aftermarket exhausts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have just found a Desert Sled after market exhaust - Arrow. Its on their web site and on e-bay, looks quite good £556.47 + delivery.
    What do you think?

3. The Arrow exhaust s-l500.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. i like it, and I'll give you £250 for your old one if you're selling it

5. Looks good but at that price I'd hope it was for the full system...

6. Decided to order one today!

7. Offer still stands for your old one :)

8. Got my Arrow pipe today, sounds brilliant, just the way a scrambler should sound. IMG_0405.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looks good too, I just bought a second hand Scorpion serket because I wanted more noise, like yours it removes the cat, I called Scorpion and they said there is no need to remap even with the baffle removed, is that the case with the arrow can?.

10. I wish I could answer that!

Who ever I ask and where ever I go every one has a different view.

The majority of people seem to think that if you remove the 'cat' then you must have a re-tune/remap etc.
    I've been looking at the cost of it today - not cheap, but then again don't want to overheat the engine.
    I took it for a 15 mile spin today, it ran very well, some popping when you close the throttle but it pulled very well and sounded superb.

11. I also asked Nelly at Cornerspeed, he said he thought it would be OK without a remap, Scorpion have a dyno graph on their website, without baffle or flute it makes 2bhp more than the standard Icon exhaust , with baffle and flute it makes less bhp than the standard Icon exhaust , that gives me a bit of confidence as it appears that when fully baffled it's too restrictive, i.e. the Scorpion is not far off the standard Ducati system in terms of back pressure when de-baffled, does the Arrow system claim to give more power?.

#31 Mark9, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. I also asked Nelly at Cornerspeed, he said he thought it would be OK without a remap, Scorpion have a dyno graph on their website, without baffle or flute it makes 2bhp more than the standard Icon exhaust , with baffle and flute it makes less bhp than the standard Icon exhaust , that gives me a bit of confidence as it appears that when fully baffled it's too restrictive, i.e. the Scorpion is not far off the standard Ducati system in terms of back pressure when de-baffled, does the Arrow system claim to give more power?.

#32 Mark9, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  13. This is cut from the Arrow website -

Arrow Titanium Pro Race Cone Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled

• Silencer material - Titanium
    • Rear endcap material - Titanium
    • Silencer inner parts material - Titanium
    • Mid-pipe material - Titanium
    • Silencer mounting - Welded mount
    • Silencer body length - 200mm
    • Junction (inlet) diameter - 47mm
    • Junction (outlet) diameter - 68mm
    • Power gain + 2.50 HP
    • Torgue gain + 1.08 Nm
    • Static Noise level +1 db
    • Oxygen sensor plug - No
    • CO sensor plug - No
    • No cat
    • Removable db killer

14. Seems to be a similar power gain to the Scorpion, i.e. not much, therefore if my reasoning above is correct then it's probably ok not to remap, but it's only guessology on my part, I'm not a scientist!

15. Whats the worst that can happen?

16. Major engine damage, burnt valves, apart from that nothing really

17. I bet that sounds great. Bike looks superb also.

18. Hatrick- just bought same bike as you and wondered where you got the red fittings on your bike as it breaks up the sea of black really well?

Cheers

19. Hi,
    Glad you like it! I think it all goes together really well with the yellow rear spring and yellow H.T leads.
    Virtually all the 'red stuff' came from 'Design Corse', make sure you are sitting down - its not cheap!
    The exhaust is from Arrow, bought it direct from Italy on eBay. Its a must, the sound is brilliant. Does away with the CAT.
    Where about are you? IMG_0577.jpg IMG_0561.JPG

20. Thanks for that, I’ll sit down and have look at their website :confused:o_O

I’m about 10 miles from Preston.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information