1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Desert Sled

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Boomer, Mar 26, 2017.

1. No, no chopping lugs off. I spoke to Evotech this morning and explained my issues with a few pictures, they got back straight away and told me that the problem bracket was fitted by me incorrectly. It is supposed to go inside and above the inner mudguards. I have now done this and it is all ok. Their limited instructions/drawings are the down fall, very poor diagrams and no written instructions to explain what to do.
    Anyway - apologies to Evotech, they have modified this part and I can recommend it, it is made very well and looks great.

2. I know the brackets you mean, they are a little difficult to work out at first

So how is the tail tidy modified so you no longer have to take the mudguard lug off? Any pics..?

ta

3. No, I didn't have to modify anything, lots of putting on and taking off again to see where everything needs to go - mainly the indicator wires and tail light wires, where to route etc. The bullet connectors were a pain, too fat to fit between bracket and mudguard so at the moment there are near to the right indicator, may well remove these and do two inline solder joints, but that would mean virtually stripping the whole thing again. Will get some pictures when the light is better and it stops raining.
    After it was completed his morning I phoned Evotech and made a few suggestions regarding the instructions, to add a little text and better pictures, page 14 is missing!. Gary took notes and said they will update as it does need improving.

4. Message for Boomer - pictures attached of Evotech Tail Tidy. Might tidy the wiring, the two bullet connectors were too large to fit above the inner plate so had to route them around the indicator. Will probably cut, remove and do two inline solder joints.

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks Hatrick

Looks good

Do Not Sell My Personal Information