1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design A Cover Number Plates ??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayne58, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Does anyone know whats happened to the show plate maker called "design a cover", have always used him for car and bike plates but can't find his web site anymore ?? Any ideas ?? :thinkingface:

2. Has he changed his company name after running for a few years? When the company disappears, try typing their business/known address into the googleage, often the address catches just as much as the business name

3. Oki Doki New Bee, will give it a go ;)

4. Okay, I concede defeat as can't find him, so who's the best plate maker now ?? Any recommendations ??

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. At least he was in a china shop :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Job jobbed, ordered from A1 today, cheers.
    PS, are they white or black backed?

7. The rear as I recall are silver grey.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cheers bootsy lad!!

9. + 1 for A1.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ordered at 11.30 yesterday, turned up at 9am today on standard postage :upyeah:

PS, black backed, and quality feels good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ive always used them for my letterbox plate 8x3 I think. Very quick turnover. Just dont get your reg no incorrect as I did on my 1198 when I got it new. I thought last letter was a U, when it was an O. Plod had me worried during a random pull over. Fortunately he realised it was a genuine mistake by me as I'd had bike 2wks. Plus he was a motorcyclist too. I admit to cacking it a bit at the time as thats fraud and not just a wee no plate.

12. FWIW I always use Demon Plates when I want the smallest legal size, they will make em with exactly an 11mm border if you ask and will also put the 'data' section in a colour not too dissimilar to the background colour, making it legal on close inspection without standing out. Have used em for all my bikes and a couple of cars too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I went for 7x5 as I always do, and have never had a pull (fingers crossed) :upyeah:

Time to get the drill out me thinks !! Have always used sticky pads and no screws, but with the DVT, if a blinker or number plate light fails, then you have to take the plate off as the tail mount screws are behind the number plate, so this time, am going for two small yellow screws and 1 thin sticky pad, as my number plate light had just been replaced. I have cut down and filed the mounting so that the mount is still smaller than the number plate (so no bits stick out from behind the plate), just gotta drill the plate now. Will drill from the back with tape over both sides IIRC ??

14. Just measured one of mine: 6 3/8" x 6 3/8"

I always screw the bastards on now after losing a couple.

15. It's square! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Job jobbed, and is plum straight :upyeah:And this time is removable if the Led's should fail :cool:

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0880.jpg

IMAG0884.jpg

17. Good shot - you did shoot that hole through, yes? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information