1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design A Cover Number Plates ??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayne58, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Nah, got the mount from a breakers as I misplaced the original at some point? I used to use no mount and just sticky pads direct to tail, so had to order a mount second hand then chop it down to fit behind plate, sadly the hole was already there but the mount only cost 8 quid, and now you can't see it any way, so happy days.

2. PS, cheers to all, I would definitely recommend A1 show plates :upyeah:

3. I'd have just used the existing 3 No bolts and removed the plate holder completely. But Im an engineer and not some ham fisted butcher. Just sayin like...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Using 3 bolts would have looked fecking stupid on the face of the number plate engineer boy!! :cool:

5. These arty types eh :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Nope. Not if you applied them correctly coloured Mr Bodgit and placed them with consideration. You'd hardly notice. Right now all I can see is the dodgy cut holder.

7. You can't position them with consideration as the 3 bolt holes behind the plate are fixed positioned. Gees, where did you study engineering? So again I say, 3 yellow screws on the face of the plate would look shit..... Bloody engineering junior school, you wanna send them a complaint boots ;)

8. You never even tried, you just went straight to bodgit mode and cut the holder. Now as a last resort you play your usual card of trying to belittle the complainant. :p FYI, the 1198 is similar. The plastic screws actually screw into those and the careful application of a washer behind keeps it all neat and trim. Without resorting to amateurish butchery.

(Lets hope no-one looks too carefully at the one on my 916)

9. Oh bootsy, you do make me laugh. The "butchered" mount was further filed before final fit and the line is dead straight across the bottom. I would sooner have 2 discreet yellow screws at the top than 3 yellow or black screw heads smack bang in the middle of the plate. I'd positioned them there before deciding to cut the mount, and it looked crap, even my lass said it looks crap so we shall just agree to disagree, but thanks for the A1 tip, top folks them are. :cool:

10. Yeah, but your lass chose you (if Mrs Wayne58) thus her ability to make sound aesthetic choices are questionable.

No worries about A1, been using them for yrs and yrs. :)

• Funny Funny x 1

11. Ahem, I believe your first post called me a "ham fisted butcher" ....Just saying like.... o_O

12. Ah, but that was based upon evidence you yourself placed on the internet. So you incriminated yourself. Plus are you denying that you may or may not at any time past have been either a) ham fisted (ooer) or b) a purveyor of meat products (double ooer) or have been described as such by others? Pray tell, so that we may mock you some more.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ham fisted would be to fit 3 close proximity screws on the number plate front using bundles of washers to fill the deep recess behind. Engineering a mount bracket solution that's still hidden behind the number plate was the best way. But bootsy, you carry on riding your bike that's held together with an extra hundred weight of gash fitted washers. :p Engineer....... Pah ;)

14. Haha charade you are. I use small nylon washers to keep weight down.

15. Boots, I value your opinion alot mate, and so I redid it this afternoon using your three screw idea, I put them roughly where the mount threads are....Cool eh, what ya reckon ?? :p

IMAG0884.jpg

16. Grossly oversized to make a point and placed haphazardly. I could do it neater without sacrificing an oem part. Admit it to yourself Wayne. Its the only way you can move on.

I bet you did that pointing too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I did it while laughing if that makes you feel better ?? :p

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information