1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desmosedici Rebuild

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Robarano, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Fannies :grinning: probably got upset at the comments about to fill or not to fill the oil filter before fitting :D

2. That did touch a nerve. :)

3. It certainly did, he was pretending not to be niggled by it - however, failed miserably :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I usually drain the bike, remove the filter, then start it up and rev it straight to the limiter for 60 seconds to make sure I get all of the nasty old oil out. :upyeah: Then I refit the sump plug, put a bone dry filter on it, overfill with oil to make sure I have plenty in and repeat the process to make sure I get oil around the system as quickly as possible. :)

I've always done it this way and it's served me well. I won't have a word said against my method. :mad:

#84 Robarano, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Exactly how I do it - good man :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Not as long as Project Binky, but that is worth the wait, this one seems a little more haphazard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Top machanic work there, Harry. :) :upyeah:

I learnt it from @finm :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I taught him all he knows :D

9. Did that take long? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I think we are doing the lad a dis-service here :D I'll have to come clean and admit I taught myself all I know :eek: never had a noisy engine after the special oil change method (strangely they didn't make any noise at all?)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. its how you (aint suposed to) do it on some smart cars.

12. Are they the same as cars owned by 'smart -arses' :D

13. aye, but once i point out one or two things to them, mostly the bill, cos they aint the cheepest to maintain, they rerely maintain that smug look.

14. For me the most shocking thing was in episode 3 when they had a fag, as you just never see people smoking on “tv” anymore and when you do it’s kind of jarring.

15. I lost my 'smug' look last night when I got rid of the hybrid Lexus :( - I'm now a dirty diesel child killer :eek:
    I guess Smart's being effectively Merc's for the masses (lowlier than C class even) are going to penalise the owner in some way for daring to buy such a cheap marque expecting German smugness :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I hardly dare say it, but Binky is a completely pointless exercise in over-engineering. I know, I know, that's why its so good.

17. Is that ’Binky’ off MIC?

18. If you've got a spare day to watch youtube it is the best thing on there! Rally prep outfit Bad Obsession Motorsport building a 4wd Celica GT4 powered mini. The guys craftsmanship and engineering mind is something to behold!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I'm not into 4 wheels at all but this is better than telly anyday. Top engineering & top cheese too. Lovin it.

20. Where is episode 7???? :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information