1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desmosedici Rebuild

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Robarano, Sep 5, 2018.

2. I reckon they've given up!

3. They appear to be fannies, so I think you are correct :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Indeed, they are taking longer than it takes to change a front sprocket on a 748 :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. You may well be correct as I seem to recall the last episode but one involved them realising they needed to buy some parts, which was then followed by a really dull step by step “how to rebuild an Ohlins fork” video. I imagine that at some point after that episode they got an email from a nice man in Bologna who told them the parts they need will cost more than the price of the bike and it’s restored resale value combined.....

I wonder if they’ll end up breaking it? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I must be good then :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oh, hello you :)

8. :upyeah:

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Wrong, Part 7 at last!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not much to look at though:eyes:

11. WooHoo. :) Funny, I was just looking the other day to see if they had posted anything and was thinking they may have binned it due to cost. :bucktooth:

12. Next month, taking off the petrol cap... 23 minute video. Bet they're glad they had the service manual to take those heads off...looks tricky.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Most pointless display of over engineering ever made...:confused:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. WooHoo. :) With a blow torch too. :upyeah:

15. If they skim the head with a gear driven valve train when they put it back together the gears will be tight because the distance between the centres of the gear train will be reduced unless there is an adjustment mechanism

16. Are head gaskets available of varying thicknesses to fine tune comp ratios / compensate for skimming ?

17. Good points about skimming the head and effects on timing gear clearance - anyone know the answer?

Also, is heating one side of the head where a bolt is to be removed really the correct way to do it?

18. I bet they wish they hadn't started. Everyone's a critic. o_O

19. If that's a reply to my post, I'm not criticising, just interested...

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. Not at all Andy. But they have been getting stick from all quarters ever since they cranked the engine over without putting some oil in the filter 1st. :bucktooth:

They probably thought it would be interesting to watch, but seem to be getting it in the neck, is just my observation. :) :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information