1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Desmosedici Rr

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Desmo Jim, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Hmm, don't think so. They were 40k and all sold pretty quick. Sure somebody will soon chime in that knows for sure.

2. But they were soon in dealers doing overs.....

Maybe this is where the confusion lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Numbers weren't incremental, first one in the UK was 0126 from memory, and was one of the first delivered globally so I'm not sure why <1000 makes any difference TBH

4. Ducati announced a run of 400 initially, and to reserve one you had to own the current top SBK at the time (999R) and provide engine and frame numbers on the application form. That initial run was priced at £37.5k and sold out on the day of release, I was lucky in that I had completed the form ahead of time.

Ducati then ramped up the number, 1000, and eventually 1500 and from memory the price rose to £40K and the last ones I think went for £42K.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. A small number of the earlier D16RRs were recalled to replace defective pistons and barrels and/or the throttle body assembly. As a general rule of thumb, the bikes numbered 1000 and above were not part of that recall. In the last 2 years, I have seen 2 early D16RRs with yoke numbers below 1000, come through the workshop where for whatever reason, the recall work was not done. As a potential buyer, I am looking to be reassured that if the recall was applicable to this bike, all the work has been completed. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. that’s correct.

I paid £40k for mine, which was the last one for sale in the country. I was looking at the one I bought and one Ducati Wolverhampton had. But that sold to a guy who was trying to get insurance for it while keeping it in a secure basement car park in London, before I could see it

7. I know at least one person whose throttle bodies stuck open and his bike was 1499. But there were many people this happened to. I know of another person whose bike had the throttle bodies replaced once if not twice with this fault.

8. You lads are all nuts, fair play to ye all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hmmmm mines 751 and as far I know never had the throttle bodies replaced, I know they replaced some springs as they were reported as shearing, so done as a precaution. And most recently my fuel lines were replaced again as a precaution as they're starting to perish, I guess it is 11 years old after all.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Andy hi, no problem. Its 989cc with yoke number 1312 and all recalls have been done, also just had the expensive service (shims etc). Full log of services and recalls are held with Riders of Bridgewater from my purchase in 2011.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. No i have kept the original exhaust as i didn't like the racing one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I recall problematic throttle bodies at 4.5k to replace if not under warranty

13. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

14. They did go up, but I [think] they were 37k on order, then went up to 40,42 or 44k. Something in the small print '....reserve the right to change the spec and this may be reflected in the price...' customers had to put their hands slightly deeper into their pockets.

15. So that is a profit of £10.000/15 based on £40k layout over the twelve year period at 25/37% = £50/55K price tag for a private sale. @Exige

16. The trick was to buy at £30K when they dropped - historically the drop on exclusive models has been to 50% value over 10 years as a rough guide. These only dropped 25% ish :thinkingface:
    If bought as an investment and kept unregistered it appears people are asking over £70K now.

17. Just like to say thank you to DavidreW for sending me a link to a sex agency. Headed 'Ducati Diavel Forum <[email protected]>' you need to see this. You Knob.:mad:

18. Who's he? :thinkingface:

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 10.59.49.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information