1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo Corsa Iii's Replacing My Supercorsa Sc2's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Cobra88, May 17, 2017.

1. Hi Guys and girls.

Got fed up of being caught in the rain on my Supercorsa SC's (not fun)

A couple of mates recently tried some Diablo Rosso III's. (can't edit title!)

So I bit the bullet and bought some.
    Got round to fitting them This morning.
    The Dog Helped by keeping guard and leaning on my leg "Woody" have a cat called "Buzz" too

Tyres look really well moulded compared to most of the Pirelli tyres I have used and profile looks sharper than even the SC's.

Can't wait to get out on them later.
    Will let you know how it goes.

Regards
    Rick
    Cobra88CorsaIII_1.jpg

Cobra88CorsaIII_2.jpg

Cobra88CorsaIII_3.jpg

Cobra88CorsaIII_4.jpg

#1 Cobra88, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. For what they are they're great in the dry but not much better than Corsas or SCs in the wet I'm afraid. Also you can't lean them as far (so don't try) iirc it's 6 or 8 degrees less lean angle available than Corsas or SCs

3. not really a problem as on sc2 I had 8mm chicken strips and ground away pegs and tips on gear and brake levers and had exhaust down so I'm not worried.

I saw you post this info in another thread.

is this your info or just what you read on internet ?

because a few mates have used them in fast group on trackdays with no real problems
    and done wet sessions and stayed on easily

Regards
    Rick

4. Yeah I read it on the internet.
    This is me this week, with Rosso III tyres, in the fast group, at a 'little bit wet' Silverstone:

5. keep your toys in the pram mate
    so many www riders who know nothing apart from what they read.

a fair few trolls on here so I had to ask.

what bike is it and how many laps had you warmed them up for ?

glad you stayed on :)

#5 Cobra88, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  6. Using tyre warmers and this was lap 3 or 4

7. was it like that every lap ?
    or just that one

saying they are shit in the wet because of that is a bit of a blanket statement.
    I have had dozens as bad as that in the wet on sc's and a couple worse.

could have been oil, antifreeze, birdshit anything for one close one.

if they felt crap for every lap before the pucker moment then your probably right.

apart from your comment in the other thread not seen anyone else have a problem
    I might end up agreeing but not tried them wet yet.

I have no problem with supercorsa sc but they are total shite in the wet.
    never had a problem with them in the dry once they have done a mile or so from cold.

Regards
    Rick

8. Mate, you're the only person here saying that

9. I will see how they go for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just treat them the same as the other tyres you mentioned to begin with, if you find any more wet grip with the Rosso IIIs then good luck to you but approach it slowly is the best advice I can give you having ridden these tyres a lot in both the dry and the wet.

11. I only have a 90 hp bike so that should help ;)

12. Road tyres are not really suitable for wet riding on track other than for wobbling around for a laugh. You're so likely to crash that it's cheaper to just buy some wets to get fitted on the day if you dont have spare wheels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Got caught out in the rain a couple of times on my first set of Rosso 3's last year (on the 1198) and can honestly say that I found them far superior to the SC's that I had previously... Couldn't agree more about the SC's being terrible in the wet but they are awesome in the dry.

I swapped to the Rosso 3's as the mileage out of a rear SC was ridiculous and the fact that no matter how careful we are, we all get caught out eith the rain from time to time. Personally I've never looked back or wished I'd stuck with the SC's.

I don't think you will be disappointed with them once you've got them bedded in nicely ;)

14. They're a completely different class of tyre than the supercorsas. Don't have the same grip, nor profile so they don't tip in the same (I have ridden on them)... but....

Probably more suited to the road in many respects, depending how committed you are.

You can run any tyre in the fast group, I've got a mate that runs pr4's lol and he boasts about how long they last. But for me they ultimately do not give the edge grip or feel & im nowhere near as tight as him so the fact the things last for a millennium isn't important. I'd rather have outright performance and for what I use it for that's the supercorsas.

Horses for courses they're still good tyres!

15. That's probably a much better tyre than the Rosso III for the road in wet conditions imo

16. Absolutely horses for courses, we're all different in what we like and more importantly riders abilities vary hugely. One thing I am positive of is that my ability will run dry long before I find myself needing anything more than a Rosso 3 for the road riding ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. What do you think it is about them? Too hard so don't get the heat perhaps ?

I was shocked at how good the Diablo Rosso corsas are on track in the wet.

Once you get heat in them theyre oddly good!

On another note, although they're great I don't like the pr4's for me. They don't offer much confidence on the front end.

In fact either end really when pushing on.

18. You might be right about the compound but honestly I don't know what it is, they feel slimy and greasy in the wet and let go all too easily especially if you're not bolt upright ime.

They're a great dry day road tyre and a good enough dry track training tyre if you're not really going for it but in the wet they just don't do it for me unfortunately and I really didn't notice much, if any, difference between the Rosso III and the Corsa in such conditions and have tried both on the same day same bike.

Yeah it could well be as you suggest ie the compound - every time I've used em in the wet and felt the tyre afterwards it's been pretty cold to the touch so yeah probably.

They do last for ages though!

• Like Like x 1
  19. It 'might' be because the tread grooves don't go anywhere near the edge of the tyre?

20. I noticed the difference on the (older ?) Diablo Rosso tyres on the road. I didn't like them as they had horrible turn in compared to the Supercorsas and felt like they were squared off from new but they definitely felt safer in heavy rain.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information