1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo Corsa Iii's Replacing My Supercorsa Sc2's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Cobra88, May 17, 2017.

1. I 'think' you mean Rosso corsas?

If so the Rosso 2/3 or whatever it's called is a different tyre, it's a sport touring type job rather than an entry hyper sport tyre.

I do agree though with regards to tipping in on Rosso corsas

2. Yeah they had a much flatter radius at the centre of the tyre compared to the Rosso III - which look more like the Corsa now than the older Rossos

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That is true but the profile of the III is different to the previous 'entry' tyre profiles on Rosso, which had a very similar if not the same profile as the older Dragons, That whole entry point is a sport-touring tyre though for sure.

4. On my 3rd rear and 2nd front (Hyper821 SP), i like this tyre on the road (not used them on track) reasonable life, 1500-2000 miles out of the rear depending on the weather/type of roads, 3000ish from the front.

perhaps not as confidence inspiring as the SC on the limit, but i would get less than 1000 miles out of an SC rear so i'm happy with the trade off.

done about 2000 winter miles, rain, hail, snow and general garbage that covers the road, and can say that on the road wet performance is fine, front stays planted and the rear very rarely tries to get away from you accelerating out of bends.

for comparison, i ran a couple of BT30s and while they were ok, of course not in the same league as the IIIs, mileage was about the same but dry grip nothing like the IIIs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Less than 1k to a rear? I got 2k to a rear on the 899 with a Europe trip and two evening track days!

I can only assume you're doing a fair few track days or you spend all your time on the centre of the tyre?

I've done 1200 miles and my rear looks brand new (other than the cuts in it) I'm having to replace it Saturday due to the cuts and the fact I've got a trackday booked.

I don't hang about on the road and regularly get the tyres bobbling up from heat..

IMG_1677.JPG

6. not many straight roads where i live...a couple of trips up and down Hartside pass and over Alston on a hot summers day tends to wear the SCs out pretty quickly (IIIs hold up a bit better, but as mentioned in the thread, lean angle is not as good)

whilst the SCs were great, i wasnt so happy with the rate at which they disintegrated, they would go from the wear indicators flush down showing the wires in less than 200 miles, the IIIs seem to last a bit better in that respect or at least give a bit more warning

7. I'm guessing people are talking about the normal Supercorsa on other bikes rather than the Supercorsa SP 200 width that is used on the Panigale? The harder middle on the SP makes quite a difference to longevity on the road. I expect around 2000 miles on an SP and probably 1500 on an SC which are basically trackday and twistys tyres really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. They should maybe market it a bit better as anyone using a 190 SC could likely use a 200 SC SP and get a load more life out of it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information