1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Kill Switch

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Paulo61, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    After a good day out on the Diavel came home and left it on the drive in the sun, a couple of hours later went to put it away, flicked the kill switch down to start it up and it seemed to stick in the down position, flicked it back up.
    It all works but it still sticks every time. I have taken it apart and lubed it up but it is still sticking.
    Has anybody else had this happen to them.

2. Threads merged

3. Hi.

Mine sticks down all the time and has done it since I got it in February. I thought it was normal.

4. Gen 2 here, never had it stick down at all. - but I bet it will now.

5. Replaced mine with new part , all ok now

6. Mine always stays down, unless I flick it back up...... has done since new so I didn't realise it was a fault... back to the dealer!

7. ditto - stays down unless I flick it up - never knew it was a fault

8. I was at my dealer at the weekend and checked this. The mechanics said that the kill switch should stay down.

I then spoke to the sales guy who I've dealt with for years and has sold ducatis for many years... he also confirmed that the diavel kill switch should remain down. We then checked all 8 diavels in the dealership- 5 new/unregistered and 3 used... all kill switches remained down.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong but just thought I'd let you all know.

Cheers

9. thanks for that.....no worries from me then

10. Thanks for confirming! if only we had all thought about looking at that mysterious red book that arrives with the bike! :joy:

11. we are men !!

look at the instructions....ha

12. Are they sticking in the position that wake's the bike up? If so I can't agree, as after fitting my new part it always returns to cover the start button as it did before it started to jam.The book refers to three positions but position b you have to hold down as when released it should return to cover the button as mine did when I first had it and now I have fitted the new part

#13 Paulo61, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. There are three position for the switch on my Multi, two stable and one unstable.
    1. All the way up (stable)
    2. Most of the way down, covers the button (stable)
    3. Most of the way down + a little bit more (unstable)

I am assuming the Diavel is the same ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Funny .....

Shit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information