1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Hamilton Bin The M1??!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Nostromo, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 13C1F51B-4B3F-4ABF-8950-9129BBF62BB1.png

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. There is no way Lewis is taller than Rossi.!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Suspect platform boots and a step there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Looks like he did quite well

• Like Like x 4
  5. Whether he did or he didn’t, it’s all part of learning. Personally I think the guys a dick but he’s not a ‘bad’ rider. I wonder if they sent him out with carbons ? Because that would make things a lot more difficult in my book

I think if he’d have got in to it as a youngster he’d go alright. Has left it too late now though.

55’s round jerez apparently after a fair amount of tuition for the best in the business On a full factory bike a while ago. Not fantastic in my book but not shit either.

his body positioning looks a bit crap. As with anything, what gets Publicised vs what is accurate is two very different things

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  6. This is what rich people do on their day off,and why not.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. I saw a couple of shots where Lewis seemed to be throwing some proper shapes but then in others he was doing that thing where the rider doesn't drop the inside elbow enough and also while hanging off, cocks their head back towards the bike, so they’re sort of “twisted”. It’s a bit difficult to describe but you know it when you see it. Sort of old style, Mick Doohan body position.

I know this, because it’s one of my faults, which I’m trying to eradicate, not least by way of recently getting a new track lid (AGV Pista GPRR) that I can actually see out of when hanging off. The brow of my Arai Quantum which I bought blind to replace my RX7 (in the mistaken belief they share the same shell but just have different venting) blocks my vision up the road when in a tuck or hanging off, so I have to keep my head up or else all I can see is the front wheel and about 2 yards of tarmac rushing past, which is only mildly terrifying.

I wonder what their respective times were and whether they’ll ever be released. I also wonder which vehicle is easier to master and start to set decent times in/on. Part of me says that cars are generally much easier to go fast in because there’s so much more grip and you merely lock a wheel rather than getting body slammed into the track if you make a small mistake. However, I imagine an F1 car with the G force on the body and trusting the aero to do its thing in fast corners when your brain is screaming at you to slow down makes them an entirely different kettle of fish.

#10 Zhed46, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I can not stand Hamilton!!:mad:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Born racers can race anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hamilton finished 4 seconds shy of Rossi’s lap time?
    Don’t believe it. Not a fekkin chance.
    He rocked up to an event I was at at Almeria once. We didn’t know he was there but apparently he was doing 46’s with Simon Crafar. Which is bloody quick but way short of incredible. Incredible would be 4 seconds off MotoGP times.
    Plus a MotoGP bike will be very tricky to get the hang of.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Have to agree with this, but likewise Rossi in the car!
    I bet some of the experienced lads on the F1 grid are nowhere near capable of those times in his car with a lot more experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Agreed. Same story with an F1 car. Extremely difficult to drive for the inexperienced. You have to fight your screaming instinct with brake points and corner entry. Too slow into a corner and you don’t generate the down force. And off you spin....
    I watched Chris Harris, who’s an amazing test driver, really struggle in an F1 car.

14. Yep.
    Although I guess we could assume that each vehicle was set up for a slower rider/driver, so each would probably be slower on their own kit closing the gap up a bit? Or were they both in complete race trim?

15. I don’t believe 4 seconds. No way. Not buying it.

No fucking chance. 10-15 seconds maybe

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information