1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Hamilton Bin The M1??!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Nostromo, Dec 11, 2019.

1. the modern f1 cars aren’t hard to drive mate. I’ve got various friends who exhibit them/have driven them.
    My mate is an ex lmp driver and said the current era of f1 cars are the easiest he has driven in his career.

2. There’s speculation that he didn’t do those times though. He was doing 55’s at Jerez!

3. Ok. I wouldn’t know tbh. It’s just that every time I watch someone have a shot they always seem to balls it up!

• Like Like x 1
  4. that would be me. Straight through the barriers haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not bad though :):upyeah:
    For sure he can ride a bike. But I watched the MotoGP boys testing round Jerez the day after us spackers.... It was something else to see what could be done. Wow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. no doubting that at all. I’d just rather they were honest.

7. There was a clip on the news that had rossi in the car, 1.5 seconds behind hamiltons time and hamilton on the bike, finished 4 seconds slower than rossi

8. A super fast time round Jerez for the mere mortal is ~1.50.
    I had a walk to the circuit the other week to watch the MotoGP boys on their first test day. I timed Rossi, Marquez, Miller, Crutchlow and Quatararo and they were all around 1.40! And they were warming up!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fanciful stuff. There’s absolutely no way Hamilton could get within 4 seconds of Rossi on the same bike model.
    And I very much doubt Rossi could get anywhere near Hamilton in an F1 car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I struggle to watch Chris Harris.

11. Fair enough. I quite like him.

12. Full lap? With the data ?

13. Let’s not forget, Rossi tested a Ferrari what, about 10 years ago and he was quick. I know a 10 year old F1 Ferrari isn’t a today’s hybrid but Rossi is a driver. As to the test, I very much doubt either were on 10 tenths in/on their own machine, more like 5 or 6 tenths. After all, it was supposed to be a fun day out, not an I’m looking for another job day. Andy

14. that was the v10 era I think. They were properly quick to be fair mate. Over 1000bhp in quali trim comfortably. 0-185mph in under 6 seconds. But also horrendously expensive. Mclaren ran beryllium inside the block. Rebuilds were more common than most people put the kettle on haha. The new stuff is hideously expensive as well. But on average 1.4 seconds I’d say a lap slower.

most of the 2004 era lap records remain unscathed. They had more power and were lighter. The cars today are id guess are around 35% - 45% heavier than those of the 70’s even.

the only lap records that have been touched are on brand new fresh rubber on light fuel loads. And also note that some of the tracks have been changed (shortened).

the cars today handle like a console game in comparison as well. Almost zero correction going on when committed.

some of the 70-80’s car were pumping out 1500bhp !! Mental for something that weighed under 700 Kg’s

#34 Advikaz, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I was at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone a couple of years back.
    Damon Hill was having a thrash in his old V10. The noise was other worldly... jeeezus!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1

16. They were amazing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rossi always done well in the race of champions, also he is a very good rally driver too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Oftentimes in F1 qualy, the top five guys can't get within 1.5 seconds of the pole sitter -who has been Hamiliton most of the year. There is no way in the world that Rossi is that good in a Merc F1 car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Over a small number of laps, I’d beg to differ. Rossi has history in cars and has been a competitive rally driver. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  20. You might well be right. Though that would mean he is faster (or can be) than Vettel often is, a four times WDC, raceing 20 times per year with all that free practice and qualy time. One of the F1 teams should have tried harder to get Rossi in their car!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information