1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Its not diesel its the fuckers that leave their fuel caps open (Builders vans and the like). Fucking love our diesel (Dyno'd SMAX Titanium X sport) pulls like a fucking train for a family car...

If anyone knows Bristol the bus drivers would "go round the block" in the central bus station spilling fuel all over the road on a lovely corner....which two of my mates took on a TZR250 then got catapulted over the top of the railings and through the corner window of the then John Lewis....both are still quite alive and well (the driver serviced my boiler on sunday and the other is the only one of 4 of us of 20 or so still on a bike)

2 weeks later i went down further round the corner on it also along with my mate on his bike. Lucky i always ran my Gamma250 without fairing....

2. My car is a diesel, and I love it. I just tend to make sure that the diesel I pay for stays in the tank before I set fire to it. :confused:

I'm too tight to start sploshing it all over the highway. :skull:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah - then the fucking travesty of justice was everyone knew they did it but, you couldnt prove it....no camera phones and the like then...what was funny about my off was me and my mate were doing about 40 chatting to each other (on the straight bit) and the next minute we were both sliding down the road. When we came to a stop he said... "yeah...as i was saying...." which was funny in itself...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Our family car is a diesel. I use that roundabout. I hate scooters

Congrats on the save though :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 521A8330-25D9-4D71-92BD-6FA4037339C5.jpeg A Robbie Williams moment ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ya bring ya scooter, we are racing

7. i can't believe you didn't avoid the diesel ... there is a bloody big "X" painted on the road to warn you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Although I have an old vespa in bits, I no longer ride scooters. Those days have passed. Ive grown accustomed to brakes. I have no inclination to ever ride one again. Nostagia isnt for me. I lived the scoot life thoroughly and have no need to return. I dont wish to be that 50 yr old Mod/Scooterist. Like I remember the 50yr old teddy boys when I was 18. At the time I remember not ever wanting to be that guy.

I raced many a despatcher and won back in the day. The turning circle, lightweightness and nimbleness was irresistable in traffic. But probably the turning circle was the most useful. It could weave in and out of stationary traffic like no other machine, except my 300EXC which could go all Kickstart and go island hopping if you had to. When it wasnt trying to actively kill me that is.

I once had a cut down P200E with 12" extended forks. Painted Bright Yellow and I mean bright. That scoot wrote off an Austin Princess, which I think everyone will agree was a public service.

Even today I still try to twist my left grip to change gear, its a reflex action I cant shift.

Lambrettas were my fave anyway, except Rally 200's and P200Es. So I decline the offer evo. Rob would accept and give you a good thrashing. He said as much, or implied it. Probably.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enjoyed reading your post. Cheers. I ain’t racing Rob, whip my ass

• Like Like x 1
  10. I get all of that. I go away with mates every year, and they haven't moved on at all since they were 16. They listen to the same music, tell the same jokes, wear the same fashions. The trips away are great as they visit a different place every year, but while they sit drinking larger in a Euro pub, I'm off with the more enlightened souls doing something that I couldn't do at home.

The Vespa is the ideal commuting tool. No chain and sprockets to worry about, will take my work stuff, twist and go, 300cc so will sit at 80mph on a dual carriageway, can squirt away from the lights if someone is being a knob in a car and has enough power to keep out of trouble, £7 fills it up and that lasts me all week, no toll charge to get through the Tyne Tunnel. But I'm a biker and not into scooters much at all, I've just had a couple over the last decade or so.

I've had bikes for years, currently have 5 bikes and 1 scooter, which says it all.

#32 Robarano, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It was dark Steve. :confused: Just my luck. :mad:

12. Out if genuine interest, what do you think of the 300EXC?

13. In my experience of riding for 28 year's, day or night my best friend was and is my nose;) 1010661-72dpi-350.jpg

#35 XH558, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. Insane. It was basically an ON/OFF switch for throttle. I used it to commute from Surrey into Euston. Daft idea really. In traffic, no bike could touch it. From the lights no bike could touch it. It was full chat everywhere coz of the throttle. It ate plugs at 1 new plug every day and a half. It was insane fun and I'd have a blast meeting a 590 nr stockwell some mornings and we'd race into town for a laugh. (whoever you were, thanks it was funny as hell at times). I did the commute on knobblies with mousses for a while too. I bought it from an experienced enduro guy who raced. My mistake. I was clueless about trail bikes. A 125 4st wouldve been more suitable. It broke both my wrists. Twice. I loved it, but I didnt reckon on my life expectancy so sold it for a dull as dishwater DRZ400. Which I despised so I bought a Husky SMR510 which was just as mad but at least I could potter on it. The EXC was full on in your face insane. It was so tall, I'd try to pull up by a kerb. I had to pull away in 2nd as it'd sky the front. Even in 2nd it'd rape superbikes from the lights. If I ever get anothe 2st trailiie, it'll be a 125cc. It was too much for me.

Edit: gave me a new found respect for crosser dudes though

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brilliant. The Husky would be good fun. Prob not as instant as the 300. Interesting she ate plugs. Was tempted to commute on a Husky.
    Cheers for the post.

16. The plugs are specials too. Shorties and werent cheap. Bugger to swap too.

Smr510 gives you monkey butt in an hour. Hopefully the new 701 is better. Id love another one but 916 and 1299 take all my money.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The new TPI injection 300 stroker is supposed to be much easier to live with and to ride. Almost the best of both worlds. Still got the fiesty top-end but more torque and easier to control than conventional smokers. Lot of dosh for a toy though and not my idea of a commuter.

Summer has come suspiciously early in the north east...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information