1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult... But I Confess.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Nov 27, 2018.

1. As a womans I put on a front too no one knew my state of mind I never discussed it

I’m still waiting 20 years on for help with post natal depression.

I had to ask for help when I couldn’t make sense of life and before I started the spiral downwards

I don’t think it’s easy for anyone to admit to mental health issues and my upbringing contributed to that

• Love You Love You x 3
  2. E5AFDB68-6130-42C1-A2C6-534489DEDC6D.jpeg The three ladies who interviewed me the other day said they have interviewed 100s now but had never heard a reply like the one I gave them.. When asked, “ so what would you do if you met one of those who abused you now?” I said, “ I’d ask them why they did what they did yes, but I’d also say thank you to them” I heard all three gasp / taken aback via the speaker phone. Sara, then said, “ you’d thank them?, really? To which I replied, “ I’d thank them for defining me as to who I hope I am today, hopefully someone who cares especially for others. If I hadn’t experienced their treatment I may have grown up to be a uncaring nasty guy myself..

I didn’t think much of my reply really but they were gobsmaked.. x

#42 Noods, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jeez @Noods that's pretty hardcore. Great work with the progress, I hope we continue to see more. You're right that mental health attitudes whilst better than 10-20 yers ago, are still no where near what they should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You're nothing short of a hero mate, all I can say

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. @Noods,

As someone with severe mental health and addiction problems myself, I've got to applaud you for posting this here mate. Good on you, and I hope you continue to be strong to yourself. It's okay to not be okay!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks mate means a huge amount hearing that..

I’m probably in the best place I’ve been for longer than I can remember but only too aware how it can rapidly change without warning..

I’ve found a counsellor that I really connect with, which although I’ve prob had 30 Counsellors over the years is a first for me.. only introduced to her as part of my work with the West coast enquiry so by accident really but she was also abused and struggles with depression too hence we are almost comparing as we talk..

There’s no way this ECU between my sexy ears is ever going to be purring but, it’s certainly improved considerably thanks to the DF process along with some fettling by my Counsellor Jo..

“Don’t hide it, share it and trust me, your tomorrows will be so much better than any of your yesterday’s “

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. That would look good on a Barking tuk-tuk

8. Yes pls a muchly.... start the whip round noobie .... ( you know you’ve always been my fave DF member) x

I bought this one a few years ago now... NO03LES

X

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information