1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Lock

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Get a roadlok dude
    Never have to carry a bulky lock again just the pin and key
    http://roadlok.com

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. I was thinking of that but.
    1 What happens if you loose the pin? Too many pieces to worry about.
    2 I want some kind of sound as to keep people from trying to sit on the bike in my parking structure at work.

3. I think the pins will be replaceable.
    I found the alarm disc locks a pain in the butt but tbh I never carry it when I'm out and about only at home
    The roadlok prevents anyone moving the bike so avoiding damage from moving the bike with a disc lock attached.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah.. .you can get spare pins.... I'll never use a regular disc lock again.

5. Something that really pisses me off is to see someone sitting on my bike just to check it out..
    Yes , the Roadlok is awesome , but it won't prevent the guy with his friend taking turns sitting on it trying to see how it feels taking pictures of each other .
    The Abus lock is a pain to carry around, but it will stop those kids trying to sit on it playing around with the controls and such.

6. Fortunately I’ve never had that issue. I’d probably flip my shit if I walked outside and found someone on my bike.
    Would an alarm or a motion activated tracker be a better solution?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I don't want to pay monthly for something that will do the same as the Abus Lock. The alarm should get them to get the F.... away. For the actual professional thief, nothing will prevent the bike from being stollen. I just want to keep people from touching the bike.
    I usually take a back pac to work, so I guess i can carry it inside.

8. Sounds like the Abus ticks all the boxes :upyeah:

9. Just hope it fit the Hypermotard Disc. I can't find any info on that. That is why I wanted to see if anyone uses it with the Hyper?

10. Great, thank you.

11. How long do the batteries last? And do you get many false alarms?

12. they last about 5-6 months,a good thing is it sounds, and if you dont move it again it will stop.

13. Ive got one, it fits well on front wheel but not on the back.

14. ..another vote for roadlok, you could put one of those long stringy things down to the disc. For the idiots that forget they've got a disc-lock on..

Obligatory ktm riders are immune to this happening.

15. The Abus Detecto fits GS1200LC’s and Pani’s too. Solid bit of kit and can get them for about £113.:eyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information