1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Locks - Are They Worth It ?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by vee--man, Apr 27, 2015.

1. .308 Winchester and no belief in judgement day. Surely that's got to be Thatcham approved?

• Like Like x 1
  2. At the end of the day, if they want it they'll take it, but the more visible security the more thieves will move on to another bike. That is assuming they do not have an order for your particular bike.
    Be Lucky !!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. A lot of stolen bikes are towed by scooter so disclock is going to stop or delay them. If I can I chain my bike to railings with the U lock through the disc.
    Im not keen on looping the chain just through the wheel as it could be used to lift the bike.

4. I make sure my sons use disc locks on their 125's to at least stop them being wheeled away too easily. Otherwise it's a heavy chain wrapped around an immovable object.

I use an Abus heavy duty alarmed disc lock when my bike is parked in public (pretty rare). I've done this ever since my bike was knocked over by a bunch of teenagers sitting on it while taking photos. The alarm would have scared them off and alerted me! Instead I had a lot of damage to sort out.

5. I wish my wife would leave me with the bike whilst she does the xmas shopping:rage:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I wish my wife would leave me..... Oh! She did! Life is so much better with the girlfriend - lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I wouldn't rely on one as my only line of defence. But I have a few lying about and I always put them on bikes in the garage. My logic is the more the merrier. The 5 seconds it takes a scroat to remove one, may be the 5 seconds that saves my bike.

8. I have the Oxford Boss disc alarm, tracker and datatag! You can never be too careful
    Disc lock acts as visual and audible deterrent, handle bar loop also very visible to you as a reminder and to the less professional scumbags that there's more than just a steering lock!

9. I use one of these...
    ROADLOK | Motorcycle Locks for Ducati, KTM and Harley-Davidson
    Bloody expensive but I use it all the time....all you carry around with you is the locking pin, very light. Ive got one on the zed and one on the RSV and a pin in my jacket and a pin in my leathers. That way I never leave home with out the pin. Which means ill never forget to lock it. If someone is going to take it theyre going to take it. Although I have to admit a big chain while im out would be the answer but I don't do that but then again I don't leave any of them anywhere where its likely to. I tend to do mostly short journeys. I think If I lived in London I may not even bother with a bike as it would get nicked by default...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information