1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diving Back In - Headfirst...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by IMH, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hey everyone, Noob here. Owned a SS over 10 years ago for a whole 3 weeks before it was stolen.

Had lots of other beasties in between, but i've finally given back in to the draw of something very red in my life ;)

Picking her up on Saturday. Excited is a bit of an understatment. Anyway hi!

My first obvious question though.... where's the best place to find nice, deep rumbling end cans? the new bike hasnt got, and needs some (sadly on a budget now, as damm - those values have gone up recently). Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. The usual ebay or place a advert in the wanted section on the forum, welcome and photographs as and when please.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  5. We have some cans, for monsters though, what you getting?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  7. No expert on cross fitment, but as its a 996 i'm guessing theyll be no good for me? So - speaking of which - where do i find out what i should/shoudnt be looking out for - before i go buy something completly useless! is there a reccomended page for all things fitment?

8. Which variant of 996, I think base stuff came with 45mm pipework, maybe 50mm you would need to check.

Given 996's are 20 years old now you're probably going to have to trawl ebay etc, I'm not sure any will be newly manufactured now, although I could be wrong.

Termi's being the obvious choice, but I had a set of promotive cans on my 996 as it was painted in GSE/INS colours and promotive were the exhaust supplier at the time.

You will also need better air filter, could go in the airbox, couple of options there (JHP used to sell the foam and metal style filters), and the obvious eprom upgrade for the map.

#8 Freak, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No, you're right, they won't fit, I've termis on my 996, not sure what you'll find now though

10. Hi and welcome from Dorset

11. So - managed to collect the bike on a very horrible Saturday, got it home and did 70 miles yesterday to take the stabilisers off.... Boy - what a machine... not crazy like other bikes ive got, but just sublime... an amazing experience. Love it to bits... but... those standards cans are deffo going to need to change ;) ps - been trying to upload an image but dont appear to be able to do it anywhere other than the avatar - but you get the idea;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. we need rubbish bin pictures too if you want to keep me happy :D

welcome back to ducati and our mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Finally sussed the image uploads ;)

C0149CA3-4690-4311-BFA8-122CAC476D13.jpeg

738B654A-F5BA-4900-A36A-DA3D13660D54.jpeg

1A4E6862-68D1-4A07-ACF2-E73A7D88DB63.jpeg

17400A1A-0E37-4AD5-9902-49FDDB28C887.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Well done

now get that bin up :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Not gonna lieā€¦ no idea what your talking about, but sound a bit crazy!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Welcome. Sort of an unwritten protocol. New bike, photo with bin in the background. Any type of bin, any material. The stunning young lady is merely asking you to put a bin shot up. Crazy? It gets better, oh it gets better!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information