1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Diy Service Reminder Resets, Mileage Adjustment And More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Looks like MultiToolDecaf is the way ahead for me, does anyone know if it works with Windows 10 - and what do people recommend to connect from laptop to bike?

Thanks

2. Have wanted this for awhile. Had no joy with joining google group. Thanks for making it available.Assume there must be a quite a few of us in the same boat.

3. I recently bought the melco lead and downloaded their software.
    It initially didnt want to register properly (after a few emails with the guy we got there), but after that it worked a treat to reset my service light.
    I havent tried all the other options, but on first impression it works for what I need of it. When I have a bit more time I may try to see what else it can do :)

I'm not sure if it will work with the 2015 on dvt engined bikes, or indeed the 1260. Anyone tried it for these ?

4. would be interested to hear how you get on with john.

5. google madcogz if you haven't already. There is a lot of information about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMG, it was pretty simple to be honest. Bought the lead, downloaded the app, plugged it in and away we go.
    The issue was pressing the button to send off the collected information to get the licence to enable the extra features failed. It was not sending sufficient.
    I had an email exchange with the guy while I had it connected to my bike. Whether it means my bike doesnt report all it should, I have no idea.

I previously bought a device off of AndyW, but when trying it a month or so ago it was failing to connect correctly, and having done a firmware update stopped working completely. The company stopped responding to my enquiries, which was very frustrating after paying a bunch of money for it, and while it may not be a current product it was the update from their site that stopped it working completely.
    In contrast the melcodiag is pretty basic, but it works (for what I need at present anyway) :)

7. so which product did you have the trouble with? I will stay clear of that! Have managed to get the multitool download which I want for reset which will come up soon. Sounds like melcodiag same type of thing? Will look it up and take alook.

8. It was from a company called TechnoResearch. They simply dont support it now.

I am no expert, asked Derek on here who has posted on this thread above.
    Yep melcodiag seems similar to the multitool from what I have read.

9. well read up on melcodiag. Would be nice to read up about one of these apps and be impressed by the professionalism.Always seems to be people with a myriad of problems. I know it's free but you wouldn't mind paying for something that was a bit slicker.

10. Hi all,
    Watching this thread searching a way to just reset the service reminder light on my DVT.
    Replaced oil/filter and done all visual and mechanical checks, not willing to take it to the dealer as there is no faults present at the moment (well, I think there isn't). So, also not willing spending any money or time on this, just went to the dash settings and back dated it 1 year. Service light has gone. Job done. - Back to the future, he?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I might try that..........

12. FYI - does not work on 1260. Any attempt to set the date back results in error (dash says "Wrong") and the bike does not accept the new settings.

13. Hi

Did you then set that date to the correct year after you'd lost the service light?

Thanks - Ben

• Like Like x 1
  14. I didn't try that. actually was so happy that got rid of the service reminder on the dash that I did not bother to correct the date. Will try that and see what happens but I suspect it will bring the light back.

• Like Like x 2
  15. They close all options along the time and along the people's findings, don't they? Bastards!

16. Yeap! Correcting the date brings the dammed reminder back on dash.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Have to stand corrected. You can "go back in time" on 1260, just not beyond the last service date set by DDS

18. Please send me also.
    [email protected]

19. I am waiting for approvement to join multitool Google group, nothing happens :-(

If you have "MultiTool v2.0.13e" APK-package please send it (or download link) : [email protected]

20. Support and availability for Multitool ceased several years ago. I have a copy of the MultiTool Lite app which I can send you. It will clear the service lights on the MTS and Diavels up to 2014 models.

#140 Derek, Jul 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information