1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diy Tail Tidy For Single Exhaust Setup (1st Gen)

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Neeps, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Would you mind taking a couple of measurements for me? I guess just the overall (outside) width, and the distance between those two bolt holes in the middle. Or if you want, I can borrow it from you, measure it, and send it back to you?

That reminds me: I need to buy a vice...

2. From what I recall the hole spacing and size is identical to the metal bracket that you've got as they both mount onto the same holes.
    upload_2020-11-30_18-54-31.png

3. That makes sense! If you have time, would you mind measuring the width of the whole thing? That way I'll know how far apart to space the turn signals.

Looks like the PO cut the wiring for both indicators AND the license plate light. Sigh...

4. Good news and bad, I guess. The good news is that all along my bike has had the (seemingly rare?) Ducati Performance license plate bracket:

IMG_9491 (Small).JPG

(No, I don't know why the bike is so dirty. The whole rear of the bike is like that.)

I found the OEM license plate hanger and turn signals in a box. The bad news is that, as you can see, they don't fit with the 2-into-1 Termi. The right-hand signal sits right behind the exhaust:

IMG_9492 (1) (Small).JPG

I guess my only option is to get a bracket (like Neeps) and mount the turn signals directly on the rear subframe.

5. Back in 2017 I bought a tail tidy from Evo-Tech. I bought it by mistake as the whole thing doesn't work with the 2-into-1 exhaust: but part of it does! It contains a bracket almost identical to what @Neeps used, and it works great!

IMG_9528.JPG

I had to rewire the turn signals to use removable connectors, and an embarrassing interaction with the hidden service menu, but now they work great.

IMG_9539.jpeg

Note that the Ducati Performance license plate bracket actually came with its own tiny license plate light.

Maybe I should try and seal up the turn signal indicator housing a little so that water can't get in there, but overall I'm very glad it's back together!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information