1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Burglars Leave Symbols On Properties Prior To Breaking In ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dukesox, Jan 28, 2019.

1. We have 8 cameras in all now but nothing to pick up sound which is fine with me. If we hear anything late at night we can quickly check the cameras. My wife was very anxious for some time after the burglary. I remember her waking me up one morning saying she could hear someone in the distance calling out " help me, help me". I listened for a moment and than gleefully told her what a retard she was as it was just a cow mooing a couple of fields away.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have spoken to one of victims. 2 vertical lines , about a foot long, were chalked on to the corner wall of their lounge. They were burgled 3 days later. No utilities work had taken place in the weeks before and none since.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Poor mans Pokémon Go

4. you've reminded me of a burglary in Shepperton around 40 years ago where owners were mystified as to why someone had smashed a window - burgled soon after repair via same window/soft putty.

5. i get robbed every time I park on two yellow lines

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. We have CCTV and caught our neighbours house being robbed. What was surprising and revealing was just how gradual the burglary was. First they knocked, then walked away, came back and broke the front door, then walked away again, then returned and burgled the property, finally leaving.

Local plod weren’t interested in seeing the video. Says it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Did you remove the cat with a swift kick up its butt?

8. Frequently, until he started bringing along his friends of which one was a fox!
    Have moved since so don’t care anymore.

9. We had an aggravated car thief why by the three masked scumbags took it turns to kick in our front door while we were in.
    All recorded on video. The police rewound it to study it, but nothing was gleaned from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sound frightening - really sorry to hear. Hope you weren’t harmed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ffs, sounds terrible but not unheard of.

I've got a 10 stone Bullmastiff and Staffordshire Bull Terrier as a reception committee for that kind of shit... I travel a lot and the dogs are mega protective of the wife when I'm not around.

12. Han an IS flag outside, that'll either scare them off or get the police watching 24/7. Win-win either way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Can’t agree more, we got a dog shortly after and weren’t bothered again.
    Sadly he passed away a while back, we keep asking ourselves the same question, but haven’t got round to replacing him yet.

14. Thanks, not physically but it’s the type of aggression you don’t forget.

15. As @shadow intimated, we'd all like to fondly imagine we go all Steven Segal and lay everyone out....

But unless you've got a pump action 12 gauge handy (and not many of us have) you'd be ill advised to take them on. They'll almost certainly be violent. You'd probably get a proper battering. Dogs on the other hand don't think about it. They'll be straight in there creating carnage. But rest assured, these turds will have already cased the joint and checked for dogs amongst other things.

A mate of mine down south who lives in the sticks had his garage broke into 3 times. He likes his crossers and quads (fucking gold to scumbags). The 4th time he was ready. With his 125cc two stroke extra long fuck off chain saw. That got their attention and off they fucked!

• Like Like x 2
  16. My burglar prevention (if he doesn't do the job, there are a few bits of hardware to hand) DD3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. [​IMG]

Might give a burglar a lick and a slobber if I was lucky :rolleyes::confused:

Other dog would attack on command though.

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information