1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Need To Re-map Etc ???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Diver, Feb 8, 2018.

1. 18193720_10154372903870264_4486615710064441444_n.jpg Firstly I have sort of asked this question before but to be honest Im still very confused.
    I have a Streetfighter 2015
    I fitted last year an Austin Facing Exhaust onto it.
    The web site says NO re-map require but says to re-map to get optimum power from it.
    Im not bothered about anymore power
    BUT I am bothered about blowing up what seems to be a china doll engine (reading all the other threads on here)
    Will I burn valves etc???
    Also since I changed the Exhaust the Engine management light is on because I removed the flappy thing and I am led to believe that is going to be an MOT failure ??? Ducati say they can't reset it which is a pain in itself.
    Thinking about just putting stock exhaust back on
    any help would be appreciated cheers

2. If you take it cjs racing he can get the light out for you plus remap it at the same time, as you mentioned not really for more power but just sort the fueling out so your not running rich or lean. Removing the the exhaust valve is not an mot failer but if it's too loud it will fail unless you got a baffle in.

3. i think you'll be doing well if you get him to answer the phone...:bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Txt Chris is the best way I find.

5. i tried morse, smoke signals, telepathy....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorry what i meant to say was I am led to believe that "an engine management light" is going to be an MOT failure, anyway thx will try him later today

7. It's not at the moment but will be for cars from May. As yet that doesn't apply to bikes.
    If you want the light to go out buy one of these. It fools the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve is still there and working as it should be.

8. Bloody hell whats that? where does it plug in? why have I not seen this before cheers

9. Bugger not compatible with the street fighter 848

10. There’s plenty of other manufacturers that make servo eliminators. As mentioned above it fools the ecu into thinking that the servo is still fitted so Just bypasses it upon removal. Try somewhere like healtech if you just want the light off, they seem supply servo eliminators for a wide range of bikes and they are very good quality... can’t guarantee they will make one for your bike but I have used them in the past and hey do exactly what they’re supposed to.

#10 Daniel Howes, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  11. Any yes I just checked they do make them for a 2015 streetfighter on their website. If you put in your details it will provide you with a part number. It’s one of these websites that you can’t actually buy from....but you can use the part number they provide to then search on either eBay or other retailers...

12. Any yes I just checked they do make them for a 2015 streetfighter on their website. If you put in your details it will provide you with a part number. It’s one of these websites that you can’t actually buy from....but you can use the part number they provide to then search on either eBay or other retailers...

13. This one will definitely fit your Streetfighter. I'm pretty sure the other one does too but you never know. I bought one for an 1198 this week. I ordered it on Sunday and received in Tuesday's post.

14. Cheers will try that thx again

15. Ordered lets see how it works cheers

16. Cheers to all above , I ordered the servo eliminator in the post above , received it within 48hrs fitted it in less than 10mins (took me 6 mins to find my glasses lol) and cured the engine management light issue.....thx again

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have you got a vid of how it sounds @Diver, just curious?

18. i can make one but i guess it won't do it justice, I have put the baffles in now as much to loud for me

19. Vid as requested Pavey

• Like Like x 2
  20. I was going to ask this question too ,i have same exhaust and while i like it ,it does pop and bang a lot ,was thinking of taking mine to hilltop just to make sure it was fuelling right ,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information