1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Do We Have Any 999r Experts To Help With A Valuation ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dibble, May 22, 2019.

1. You mad bro?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cant believe the special one hasn't got a mention in dispatches......:bucktooth:

3. A little bit.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ad hoc maintenance performed by @final_edition of this good parish ..... all jobs requiring anything more advanced than a hammer I delegate to my able and glamorous assistant :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Black Swing Arms and Mag Cam Covers were available as options in 2003 - my Fila has both items new and boxed :)

Just realised it's Dibbles that's for sale :joy:
    Difficult to put a price on, looks fab in the race bodywork!

6. Early models are true to the purity of vision of the designer... :innocent:

Early models always prevail...

Mk1 E-Type
    SWB 911
    Pre-A 356
    '74 750 SS
    Series 1 MHR
    '94 916

Need I go on... :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fire you are 100% correct, the early models may not be the best bikes but will become the most valuable ones in time. IIRC (although I maybe wrong) the facelifts came out after Mr T left Ducati, I suspect some of the changes may have not been to his taste and would not have been allowed /or even been proposed under his regime. They were simply a Ducati reaction to the poor reception and low sales volume the bike got when they came out. I have to say I did not like them for years but they grow on you and are in their way just as interesting and involving to look at as the 916-998 bikes especially if you understand the intent of the designer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I initially hated the 749/999... then just thought they were so-so... then saw how long and low they are and was kind of drawn in... then the speedo charmed me (Lancia fan... Magneto Marelli stirs something within me) and inch by inch I found them more and more alluring... Now I have had a 749 and a 999 and like them very much. Series 1 in yellow please. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knew you'd bite :laughing:

I actually owned, cherished and admired a 2003 999S with said wanky swingarm. Fortunately, some helpful scrotes visited my garage in the dead of night and nicked it!

Only kidding, I loved the 749/999 the day it came out and still do :) Even wanky swingarm ones ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Grey swing arm ones were more powerful :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shite! I had both. And rode them ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. And I’ve moved on to 1098’s and you have moved on too far, and you know it’s true as I’ve proved it before and you sulked :yum

13. Right you are.... Just keep telling yourself that... :)

14. So, back to the OP question - what’s it worth?

15. Eh? What's what worth??

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. :yum

17. :thinkingface:

18. I am interested in the sigma clutch now I am keeping my R

I will give you proper folding money for it Dibs and maybe even some of the other tat yer selling

19. How comes my emojis don’t show up?

20. :bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information