1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you get any "perks" at work?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stickywicket, Jun 15, 2012.

1. The latest tech gadgets, get to choose which days I work and where, play games every day, company pays most of my bike bills, plus a few trips a year to SF, LA & Europe. (+ the Mrs works away from home 5 days a week, so she cant see what I'm buying/selling) :)

2. Today I got new big double door beer refrigerator for my kitchen, I had to wait until one got damaged in transit, it has a couple if little dents in it so it cannot be sold as new, but it looks fantastic in our kitchen, big enough for all of our food, LED lighting, glass doors so I can see what we have without having to open the doors, I love it. We do also have an under counter beer fridge in the office, and a couple of spare fridges for parties in the garage as well. I might have mentioned that we manufacture refrigerators!

3. Got any cheap 70/30 integrateds going?

4. No sorry, we only make our own fridges, so we don't have any other makes apart from the failed ones that they take out to replace with ours.

5. I get to work from home a lot these days.
    Double edged sword really as I keep getting distracted (called to the garage by the song of the siren) then get behind with my actual worky work work...:frown:

6. Today I am sitting in the sun in the new forest calibrating some lasers for a large sporting event in Stratford, I will be at the opening ceremony as "technical support"
    I also got to take the company transit to Le Mans

7. Sub inflation pay rises and ever increasing BS. I am at work at the moment however, so it can't be all bad.

8. I've got whole Christmas Eve to New Year's period off, never have to do overtime, pretty generous pension scheme, got tons of nice photographic and video equipment to play with and I got intrest free loan for my previous bike. And I really like my job and people I'm working with so don't have many reasons to complain :)

9. I work with some of the most intelligent and stunning women in the world. And underground parking for my Ducati!

10. Tower Hamlets Council?

11. that's the one!

12. Got any "spare" Nikon speedlights "laying around"?

13. I used to travel abroad quite a bit for work - went to Germany about 40 times, mainly by bike. Expenses 24 pence per mile - not really enough, but better than bugger all. During one trip I did three laps of the Nurburgring and still claimed 24p/m. Another trip I was able to pay a visit the memorial & museum at Belsen - does that count as a perk? Oh, and one trip to Cyprus Sovereign bases.

14. I've got quite a few SB800 lying around but unfortunately they're not exactly 'spare' and someone would probably notice that they're gone :wink:

15. so your in the army getting rapier missle system sorted?

16. I get to work in the city and west end. May not sound like a perk to you, but we have contracts with womens' fashion outlets, model agencies and a couple of strip clubs...

Oh, and my house is fully air conditioned and it cost me nowt.

17. Not me....but a friend of mine left school with good old fashioned O levels in Art and Technical Drawing, bagged his self a good deal working in a graphic design company. The wages weren't great but the package quite good with health cover, pension, company car etc....

I couldn't understand why, when he recently told me he had packed it in to be a painter???

[​IMG]

All of a sudden I realised why, when he showed me the type of work he now does......

It's a hard slog but someone has to do it he says......

18. Did you stay with Nige at Bikers Retreat?

19. Rapier is soon last year dear, HVM is the kiddie now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information