1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Run Helibars On 848/1098/1198?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Phill748, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I have a set off my old 1198. (cough)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Not a problem, I've just had a look as I just went with what the previous owner told me about the lock only working one way. ive just altered the lock stops and now it works both ways so happy days.

Stu.

• Like Like x 1
  3. For sale?

4. I fitted Gilles variobars to mine

image.jpeg

5. Ok, so in a completely mad moment i've gone and ordered a Speedymoto top clamp, apart from import duty, it's worked out £75 cheaper than the Helibars were before shipping so maybe all in will end up similar price and will look that little bit more go fast ;-) will let you know my thoughts in a few weeks when I get it

6. Phil, that’s what I went with on my 848. Worked a treat!

95C38707-5AF2-4CAA-A7C3-D2026A7CDC34.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. How does that help your bar situation?? :thinkingface:

8. Not completely sure yet... I guess raising the bars 10/15mm given that the forks rake towards me will help enough. I don't need a drastic change, just need to be not knackered when I get in from my usual sunday blast.

Have you got some Helibars for sale then?

9. Yep, I dont have an 1198 anymore. Theyre just languishing in my garage looking surly. I paid 130 2nd hand for em. You can have them 100 posted if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Speedy moto top yokes and Bootsam’s helibars, you be able to adjust them just right for you. The top yoke alone gives you a 3/4” rise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I need some of these helibars, look loads better my neck always hurt on the 848

12. Haven't got the 1098s anymore, but bought the speedo moto top triple when I did.
    If I remember correctly it allowed about a 20mm lift of the bars.
    Def made it more comfortable with no clearance issues anywhere.

13. I bought a speedy moto clamp for the 848 but sold it as I thought I’m jacking it in then got an 1198 :mad:

14. Bugger, they're a nice bit of kit :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information