1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Don’t Touch This Guy.....but It's All Sorted Now :)

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Noods, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to know more about these award winning Ducatis. :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Suspect that would have been a lost cause! Well the bike remains for sale per the ebay link posted by Noods, I'd welcome any questions or viewings (or even helpful comments) especially to put pay to Noods suspiscion the bike has been in an accident, which it certainly has not. I bought the bike over four years ago and over the first couple of years, enjoyed collecting & fitting the parts (receipts for much of this) to improve it, although admittedly, its not won any awards :thinkingface:

Storage space is now needed for another project, hence the sale. With that said, I'm equally happy to keep it too. I did list it originally for £10k, which just about covered my overall outlay, lots of ebay questions (!) but no buyer, so decided to reduce it a bit on the latest listing. Thanks

#42 jcw, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Might as well put it for sale on here. Must admit that I was a bit confused when I looked at bike pic. If it had been in front end smash then why were bits replaced at the back? I am not in the market for another bike at the minute but if it is dodgy then I may of been your sucker!!!

4. Totally appreciate its not for everyone and selling it now in standard form would likely be far easier (selling the removed parts separately) but I'm loathed to take everything off it as I hope there's a buyer out there who might appreciate it. Re the front end crash point, all I can do is reiterate that it's not been in an accident and question why anyone would replace damaged standard parts with the items I've fitted, you just wouldn't bother to use anything other than far cheaper standard parts to move it on.

5. Many 'specials' are from crashed bikes so some people will think this, not particularly built to move on as you say, at a point in time. You will be much better putting back to standard (if you have all the parts) and selling the parts separate, but the mileage will put some off so as standard would need to be advertised around £7k at a guess... the parts should easily realise the difference.

6. What is a DD16?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Someone’s getting double cat shit later :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. A 16 year old with big tits. :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Exige, I bought it with the termis and mono seat already fitted, so don't have the standard parts to put back on, and I sold the wheels, front brakes and forks a while back. I suppose I could buy the parts and refit but I'd rather not to be honest, even though I may be better off overall. I'll put an ad up on here and see how it goes.

10. Not worth the hassle then!

11. @jcw - if you'd like to sell your bike on the forum you are more than welcome to, though you will have to become a subscriber (it's only £5 for a year)

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/account/upgrades

I think this thread has out lived it's usefulness and is therefore closed. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. For DF member, JCW and all fellow DF members and valued friends..

Really disappointed in not being able to respond to my OP regarding the guy selling his 998 ( now I know he’s JCW).

Night shifts mean you do miss out a bit with what’s current etc, I’m sleeping while most are working etc and posting and vise Versa.. The thread was taken down before I’d seen the sellers comments.

I fully agree that I’m guilty of trading blows far too quickly when things go pear shaped and for that I apologise to all concerned along with the 998 owner..

In my defence, I’ve had to stand and toe to toe as many of you will know, purely to survive in earlier life. I’m sorry but I’m certainly not going to apologise for that..

But, if indeed the 998 guys claims are true that his bike is accident free etc and as he’s been big enough to come on here to say so, then sure, I apologise to him for my reaction wholeheartedly without issue..

Tbf the situation did get out of hand quickly but, I’ve been fleeced before on ebay with things not being as they are described etc and that type of thing really annoys me..

I thought I asked fairly basic questions regarding his 998 as I thought it to be at a good price for a 998 monoposto, which, is how he had originally described it.. I asked if this was an original mono and was told, no it was a bi po with a professional conversion. I then asked, has it had the rear subframe changed then to a mono subframe and was told no! Just the seat and seat pad! I then realised that this was poorly listed, description wise and said well I think it could have been better listed eg as a bi po with a mono conversion and that I will no longer consider purchasing his bike and good luck.. that’s it..

His response was, that I should do more research, etc etc..

I hadn’t planned on responding as I’d just said, good luck and that I’m sorry but I wouldn’t be buying and leave it at that..

As admitted though, regrettably, I hit back, somewhat annoyed at being told to “knowledge up “ etc, for asking nothing more than I’m sure most people would have asked for a mono at what looked like a decent price..

Weighing up the bike, it was at a good price, but then it wasn’t as per listing ( he changed the listing after my pointing this out, so good on him for doing that) the mileage was high ish but, as I’m looking for parts to go with my 916 project there were many good parts to be had here. Also, a friend wants a 996 998 or late 916 but only has a budget of £10k. I’ve already told him he’s not going to get a later 916 sp or Sps for that £.. Hence this 998 could be right for him and or for me, for some of the parts..

However, with the owner replacing so much of the 998 front end, brakes, wheels, yoke mudguard, Ohlins etc, I admit I smelt a rat..

Yes now I was annoyed at what I thought was someone trying to fleece me and others with a smash job..

The pathetic keyboard warriors quote was the final straw to me as it implied that both I and DF friends of mine are just pathetic geeks..

As I’ve said I’m more than happy to apologise to anyone if I’ve annoyed them in anyway including this guy, as like he said, I should have ignored his initial inflammatory remark and had nothing more to do with him..

My neighbour at present is dragging me downwards and sadly, I let fly, I shouldn’t have and I’m really disappointed with myself there..

I must state though that the guy is wrong in that I never had every intention of purchasing his 998, be it either for myself or on my friends behalf for he was pleased at what he’d seen too.. Regrettably as we now know, it wasn’t to be..

Also, and I quote “MV technician,” that’s MV as Motor Vehicle technicians certificate gained at Colchester college in 1985 with 7 years study etc.. Not MV as MV Agusta..

I’ve owned 8 Ducati’s thus far plus a lot of parts for projects..

748 bi po conversion to mono and fully rebuilt to standard spec apart from carbon bellypan etc and 5 spoke marchesinis but mono seat..

My 97 748 won awards for best paint and also best restoration in 2006 while my polishing work and NCR paint has also been commended.. I turned out a yam RD 250 silver with coffin tank and alloys from rust to fully restored which one best in show resto on the Bickers stand, which stupidly I agreed to sell at the show as I needed cash for a car.. wish I hadn’t now..

A YAM fsie resto, but unfortunately the wrong one, being a yellow DX model ( disc brake) which no one really wanted..

My DD16 admittedly was a model but, it took months to build and won prizes at the district modellers annual awards for paint detail. (I will never afford the real thing)

I also worked alongside Keith Patterson on Jeremy Doncaster’s weslakes and Jawas in grasstrack and onto speedway ..

Worked my free time on Ducati bevels and rare Ducati’s MVs Moto Guzzies etc with my friend Neil for many years now on occasions at his sales and repair workshop for Italian classics, purely for knowledge and to keep my hand in.. My detail work and polishing work also helped bring awards for national show awards with historic classics.. This unpaid work has helped me in achieving quality metal finishing by various processes, these were gained through hard work and dedication which many of you have seen on here..

Enough said..

I apologise to the 998 seller for my side of the spat for any wrongdoings or for questioning his intentions in anyway. Sorry.. I also praise him for having the balls to post his side of things, I’m glad he has taken the time to do so and to put his side of things on the forum..

As I stated, I wish him the best of luck with the sale of his bike, I truly hope he gets what he’s looking for and for the new owner to be happy with his purchase..

I also apologise to any DF, friend, member or administrator for my choice of actions on this, or any other previous occasion ..

May I assure all, my motives or intentions have never been one of offending, anyone, ok apart from my nightmare neighbour, flip...

I’ve never claimed to be perfect tbf, just mildly entertaining and luving.. That’s all I can offer.

Luvs n hugs to all, especially JCW and all 998 owners and sellers on this occasion..

X NOODS

#54 Noods, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Thank you Noods, thats very decent of you and I would add that for my part in our ebay exchange, I also apologise, lifes too short and all that.

• Like Like x 6
  14. :heart::heart::heart::heart::splat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I can feel the love and will merge this with the original thread for the sake of completion and closure. Hope that is OK. :)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information