1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington 5th July, Doocardi Day.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Didn’t they ban tri options riders for a year or two for that exact reason...and sticking the vip from the factory in an air ambulance : unamused:

2. Oops sounds a bit nutty. I’ve never been a huge fan of the way CSS run Trackdays; they seem to treat people like kids and I’m sure it just encourages stupidity. To be fair I also think they just dont like having people with a ‘go faster’ mentality there anyhow as they are more aimed at road riders who dont get on track so often. It wouldn’t be so bad if people were in the right groups but the Ducati days fast group seems to be 50% proper fast people and 50% who would normally be in inters group at any other trackday. The sooner every track in the UK starts using chronos to sort the groups out properly the better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. When I rented an 899 and went out with one at a DUK day, he said ‘ride at 75%’ when we pulled in for a debriefing, he said ‘was that 75%? Really?’

We overtook half the group in fast. And I was probably doing 2’40 ish against under 2’30 later in the day.

It’s a school, not a TD company. And that’s clear when they run them too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bought a few pics of mine. Want to go faster!
    1WW_1143b.jpg 1WW_1232.JPG don3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Did an old 748 keep buzzing you? :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol this guy?

upload_2018-7-13_14-55-34.png

I think this pic was taken the 10th time he lapped me....on the first lap....of the first session... :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Hey Cookie - I wish it were... that does look quite like my 999 but it’s barely turned a wheel the last 18 months. Been too busy and now it’s due a service.

Next year! :upyeah:

Cheers, Dom

• Like Like x 1
  8. I know what you mean mate. I'm gutted I couldn't make the ducati days either.

9. Haha I'd say it's the nutter on the V4 Speciale doing the hard pass on what looks like a 1299 FE?

10. This was me on the tiddler :)

IMG_7017.JPG

Getting a good sniff up Mary's Uscite :p

IMG_7018.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  11. I think wen we had the briefing they thought they were talking to children wen they told us 3 times to keep drinking water & put sun tan oil on lol, & did anyone realy want to no the names of the uk ducati race teams names as they made them stand up like being counted at school lol . I think having 2 inter groups as well as the fast & slower group doing 20mins wud work better

12. Donington was my 3rd Ducati day and probably my last,CSS are a joke. The fast group had such a mixed ability of riders where I believe the organisers wanted the day to be 'sold out' and so filled the group up with anybody wishing to be booked onto the day.

13. I totally agree

14. I've got some video footage of the novice group, including someone crashing right in front of me going on to the start/finish straight.

Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Here's the lowside crash, if the owners on here, I hope the repairs weren't as expensive as they looked

Andy

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Oops, I'd like to see his lean o'meter there as he's proper got the ear on the ground. Chaz did the same thing last year :) It would be a pretty quick and cheap fix on a track bike but looks like he has all the stock road fairings and lights and things still on there which can send the bill through the roof.

17. Wow!! If it were me, I’d never admit to being THAT far off the apex :astonished::joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information