1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnington Monday 26th March

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 27, 2018.

1. @IanR had a good day I think.

2. Until the penultimate session when I got pulled for triggering the 98dB drive by. I was told to put the db killer back in otherwise they would'nt let me out for the last session. I did have them in o_O. Anyway, a very enjoyable day and as the only one of the group to turn up with a Ducati proud to be the last man standing.

#242 IanR, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Blimey guys - sounds like a battlefield out there.

Just glad to hear you're all in one piece.

And if I'm joining you later in the year can we have a less eventful day please ????

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gutted I couldn't make it, but a mate had my slot and said it was a cracking day weather wise. I was in London for a couple of days being dragged around shops and looking at the blue sky wishing I was on my bike.
    I've booked for next Tuesday, and the forecast is for rain
    I'm only going as Colin from 100% suspension is there, so as good a time as any to sort my wet race set up out....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Weather was almost perfect. Very lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pics are up apparently, I'm expecting most of mine will have a @cookster swarming all over me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apart from the obvious bike problems, what did you make of Donington @Cream_Revenge ?

8. Awesome. Loved it. First session was all over the place but by 4th was getting the hang of it. Shame it was cut short. Highly recommend. Can't wait to get back!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I'll take more next time ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Just been looking at the pics dome good ones on there.

11. Yep, Coppice seemed to be where most of the action was taking place. Off the two incidents I passed, the first appeared to be a rider dumping oil and trashing there bike in the gravel taking out an innocent fellow rider with them. The second was bizarre or impressive considering it was the novice group, rider managed to get his bike all the way through the gravel trap and then deposit it on top of the hay bales. Looked like the chain link fence stopped it going any further. Rider seemed Ok

#252 IanR, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  12. I've only been there twice but do recall coppice getting a good ploughing every other session.. seems to be a corner where people get target fixation and follow each other off too ! Glad you all had fun, where are the pics at? Link?

13. The red flag in the 4th session was apparently caused by 2 people walking out onto the track :mad::fist:

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Coppice is an easy corner to crash on as you can carry a load of speed in, but it's blind as you approach it. You tend to get a fixation on not hitting the outside curb as it appears and then go straight into it (I've done just that on one of my first visits)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Good pic that :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think you boys got a lot better weather than I'm looking at on Tuesday for my re-arranged date.
    I've already put the wets on my bike, and not sure it's even going to be worth packing either the wheels with Supercorsas, and barely worth the effort of packing the wheels with Slicks on
    I don't mind the rain so much, but it's going to be bloody freezing too :(

17. We got well lucky. Well, apart from the session 1 crash and engine exploding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information