1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnington

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hey

What's Donny like?

OK for a relative newbie?

Garages, etc.

TIA

2. As a newbie myself I found Donnington quite technical, Silverstone I found much easier. However, the facilities there are great and track has good run-off areas, just engage brain and ride within your own capabilities.

I have done Oulton Park and Cadwell too, again they are very technical with much less room for error! I have raced both tracks in a car which helped me a lot though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. One of my favorites! Really easy to learn and flows really well. Get there early if you want garage space (although if just on your own you will squeeze in somewhere).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Never been my strongest point....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Limited garages are a pain. Why I'm probably start going to give Bedford a miss. And why I love Silverstone.

6. i like donny but as mentioned quite tricky for a newby as is oulton park, siverstone great for a newby.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I found Donnington more technical than Silverstone.But both were easy to learn though.

Cadwell is on my list.:yum

• Like Like x 1
  8. I love Silverstone but it's £££ and so if I used the MSV offer could probably do 4 at Donny for the price of 3 at Silverstone

9. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of garages at Donny. It is just that I tend to go with a few others and want to try to get the same garage. For some reason, Donnington tends to get the really early risers.

You could do 5 or 5 Donnington for the price of 3 Silverstone GP.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMO Donington is the best track in UK, followed closely by Cadwell Park.
    It is quite easy to ride at novice/inter level, relatively wide so have a second chance to correct a line.
    For me the most difficult turn is Goddards..probably lost the front 3-4 times there on 2 different bikes, luckily somehow managed to save every time.
    Cadwell Park on the other hand doesn't allow any room for mistake.
    How do you find Rockingham?

11. Bit shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I didn’t mind Rockingham. One of the best left hand corners in the country!

13. Didn't like the banding, didn't really "flow", felt a bit "bitty". Didn't help lots of dick heads and red flags.

The 3 lefts as 1 on the infield is the best bit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Donnington is an excellent track for all levels of riders. I did my first bike trackday there with the Ron Haslam school after getting my licence.

I disagree about Silverstone being good for beginners. Its strength is certainly that it is very safe due to huge run off areas but its far too wide and long for newbies to track riding. You have to be going at 150 mph to shut down the lines, any slower and there are so many potential lines that it is like riding around a car park at times which is not very helpful for learning how best to take a corner.

Rockingham is not a great circuit. I have always had a good day there but it's american stadium layout lacks charisma. It's very grippy but it's also very bumpy and my first crash on a Panigale was there as the suspension is too stiff with default settings to deal with the bumps well at heavy lean angle. Its fine if you soften it a bit but I'd rather go somewhere more exciting like Donnington.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds like Donny for me then.

Probably roll the dice and book March as I'm bloody desperate to get back on the bike!

16. oulton park is also a great track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. To far for me.

18. I think we all are suffering from Cabin Fever, Im desperate to get ot

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Not sure where you are, but if you’re close to Donnington, you may also not be far from Snetterton (MSV again, and a decent track (if a tad flat)), or possibly Cadwell which I relate to riding an interesting country road that you happen to know doesn’t have anyone coming the other way on. You’ve mentioned Silverstone already, and I actually don’t mind Bedford. I’ll more than likely give it a go this year again (it is close to me, grippy, not too expensive, has loads of runoff, and tends not to attract racing nutters).

20. Just South of Aylesbury.

I like Bedford but the traffic getting in/out is bad and garage space is useless.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information