1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donny 16th May

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Spud312r, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Will do

2. I'll be bringing a guy from work for his first ever track day... Hopefully room for him too! No worries if not we'll pop in next door.

3. :upyeah:

4. I just sent them an email about the price drop, and they've given me a £50 credit too, result :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

5. Magic.. it might be worth calling them to see if we can reserve garage number 1 lol.. my clan had just increased to 5 lol

6. It won't be that busy, so as long as one person is there early enough, we should get a garage between us

7. lol if anything like 16th April, fully booked - i had trouble finding 3 spaces ..
    but ill be there early so will try to get garage 1

8. That’s was a no limits day though, right
    Focussed aren’t as popular and attract less of the knobs that spread 2 bikes out over a whole garage

9. Hahaha
    That happens to me in garage 1
    Had to squeeze the 2 guys to put their bikes pointing to centre of garage rather than longways pointing to out lane lol !!!
    Yeh FE use transponders so should sort the chavs out

10. The garages at Oulton yesterday were nuts. I got there about 6:30am and they were all full by that time already
    Some had 4-5 bikes in, but a good half of them had just two and loads of stuff spread out. Luckily, I don't mind just telling people to sort their shit out, so I managed to find some space for me and a mate.

11. Lol your middle name Rottweiler

12. I'm bringing a friend who's going to use my old bike... but I only have one set of tyre warmers.... does anyone have a spare set I could use?

13. Remind me nearer the time (day before) and I’ll bring a spare set along

14. Awesome...cheers Graeme

15. Garage 1 is a long way from the toilets and cafe. You not better off being up the other end ?
    At the ripe old age of 43, being near a toilet is a genuine track position consideration :)

16. Lol i’m 60 so no problem for me
    You have toilets above you or opposite near Melbourne loop

But a walk to the cafe for sure ..

hopefully not as busy as last time ..

#36 Spud312r, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019

17. Qn:- have you changed the gearing for the track or do you think its about spot on ?

18. I tend to alternate between gearing depending a load of variables
    For Donington, on a 17 R1 I tend to run 16/43 or 44
    The key to Donington is getting the wheelbase right though, as much as gearing
    I think I run 610mm there

• Like Like x 1
  19. Weather is looking good for thursday ;-)

20. Reminder!

We'll be leaving York at 5.30 hoping to arrive at 7.30... let us know what garage we're all in.

See you all tomorrow!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information