1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donny Wed 3rd April With M.s.v.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Who is it with?

2. I’m only pulling your leg. I haven’t even dared mention track days to mine yet!

3. NL sold out

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Not sure... I saw it on the track days website... Doent tell you who the organiser is, has a "book now" button. Its full now anyway!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Slightly of topic. Tyres, what to do for cold and damp? I have supercorsa SP, know they are less grippy on road in those conditions. Track more heat, might be ok? I know they are not wets. I had intermediate, racetec (ex tt tyre) that was good, not road legal, but that's ok. Not too sure what to expect from the tyres, what's best. If I keep the bike this year, I will probably sort out my other wheels < don't want to throw money at this one, yet.

I was reading conti attack, might deal with variable conditions better. Rather swap tyres and reduce risk but all new to me.

I have supercorsas on my blade and they do spin up, when cold or damp quite easy.

6. Bridgestone R11's might be an option if they are anything like the old R10's. I used to race on the R10s early season when it was cold and damp and they were great in those conditions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I guess it's the unknown, which I will have if I switch brands too, so probably pointless question looking for reassurance..

I'd be more confident with an intermediate I guess, but not sure it's dry and sunny do they get too hot. I'm perhaps best sticking with the supercorsa, and not going out if it's wet. Seems the general opinion with this tyre. I don't want to tip toe round all day, and I'm not a wet weather fan.

I'll get the bike out soon and give it run on the road, see what it's like, see if the tyres are still ok, they've seen some action at some point. Not really used this old R6 before.

edit: Seems the SP version is more road bias track tyre, so better in the cold and wet, than the SC, so maybe ok :)

#507 Not Carl Fogarty, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. Looks like I could be bringing the r6 now.:D

• Like Like x 2
  9. I will be on slicks so anything other than dry and I will be in the garage drinking tea and chewing the cud!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. @Not Carl Fogarty , get some warmers mate. Makes a massive difference to your day. As long as its not actually raining there will soon be a nice dry line. And as its a TD it'll cover half the track with all the various lines.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have some, will throw them in. Will have to find and sort through my kit...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You on the Repsol?

13. No, old R6 2002.
    1000cc is overkill for me right now I suspect.

I was planning on rebuilding a pre-injection race bike I bought many years ago. Has been sitting about for long time.

Started taking bits off it, and it really could do with full strip down. Resale value vs cost, time, motivation....
    I bought another road legal R6 just to get out there and parts.. it's not mint but have just given this road bike a bit of TLC. Probably could do with sus rebuild, but won't throw money at it...

If I like it, I will take all the rearsets, suspension other parts off the race bike and have it set up and build a proper track bike. The pre-injection race class still go quite well, parts are cheap (I have plenty spares) so not bothered if it goes down the road. Have maybe 3 or 4 fuel tanks, sets of wheels, spare frame.

If I don't like the bike will sell both R6 cut my losses.
    If I do more TD's I'd prefer something newer with less miles and more known history.

Might track the Blade, see how it goes this year.

#513 Not Carl Fogarty, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Not long now chaps!! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yep, watching the weather almost hourly :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Are we excited? I am!!!! Everyone prepped and ready to go?
    Anyone staying up that way after?

17. I am pretty much all set. I am staying up the night before but no idea where. A few last bits of bike prep and some tyre warmers to find and I’m on the way!

18. image.jpg
    Look what just arrived in the mail! Do I go to work this afternoon or fit it? Tough one!

19. That new or used?

20. image.jpg
    New, and it only took 5 mins!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information