1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donny Wed 3rd April With M.s.v.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 17, 2019.

1. I know people don't record lap times. Trackdays are fun not racing, curiosity, what sort of times were people doing? Inters/fast.

I think CR said 1 min 45, 105 sec was low level fast group, 1.39 was quick?

Via (google) suggests around 2 mins for inters. I'd expect some to be going sub 2 mins quite easy, but the slower ones...

2. I'm told that Focus Events normally run transponder and fast is 1:50 or below.

Different days seem to be different speeds in the groups. I was very comfortable in fast last week but 2 weeks before I would have been eaten alive in fast as all the NL racing boys were there.

In my limited experience NL days are normally faster than MSV days and noisy days faster than quiet days.

If you go the day before a race weekend it's very fast.

My phone app said my fastest lap last week was a 6min05 so I'm hoping it wasn't working right or I have narcolepsy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. What app did you run CR? I tired race recorder (found the track) but user error, didn't work. I have added track addict app now. Looks like will need read the instructions.

Go pro has me at 2mins, 2mins 05ish and was not pushing on (as I know it), race craft was not great but was still finding traffic and trying to be considerate.

Was building confidence in grip (1st unhindered bike trackday) shake down for bike. Was quite busy and was not focused on the finer points.

Next one should be interesting.. plan to leave the bike as it is for now, do one session in Novice, to get brain warmed up, then hopefully move to Inters. Hope it's a bit warmer and dry.

4. Go straight in inters mate, you'll be fine. 1/2 the battle I've found is learning the tracks but you already know them.

5. @Cream_Revenge I hope you didn't have your phone in your leathers while on track mate??

6. um.....its in a case.......

7. Doing Donny 16th May with FE - Noisy day

• Like Like x 1
  8. What track are yiou talking about ??

9. Looking at doing 31/05... as was suggested by some others that are not on here. I'm tempted by the 27th (GP) more. Will most likely book one or the other.

Cookie is doing 31st isn't he?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. @cookster ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm doing 8th May at Oulton & 19th May at Anglesey if anyone fancies it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information