1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Try And Wear Two Piece Leathers

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by chrisb1299, Jun 29, 2022.

1. I think someone at NL was having a knobhead day, as all those described above are like mine and lots of others that have been used on Trackdays for years with no problems.

But a one piece is best every time

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Like anything dangerous, exciting and fun, the clock is ticking and the "ban it" crowd are in the ascendancy, even though they never participate, but of course they are the majority.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. This is where we got to with it. Just ban two piece and it's completely clear then. They tried for credit note, refunds etc but were outright told no, which when you read the MSVT and NL FAQ fully, it's actually pretty clear:

MSVT - All riders must be wearing either one piece leathers or two piece leathers that zip together ALL the way round (no skin/undergarment shown when the rider raises arms above the head).

NL - A full leather 1-piece race suit or a fully zipped together 2-piece. The zip must encircle your torso, and there should be no gap between the jacket and the trousers when the zip is done up.

But I am yet to see a two piece that zips together to the point of say only a two/three inch gap at the front to allow for the velcro fastener

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Perhaps one could take them to court as their rules regarding two piece leather zips are impossible to comply with?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I hit agree then changed my mind. No doubt a small claims case would stand a reasonable chance (doubt it would ever get to court) but, trackdays are suffering falling attendance and they need our support not more shit being thrown ( there is plenty of that already). Just buy a one piece - it’s your safety don’t forget.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. I am a bit out of touch having not bought leathers for a few years but I have never seen any 2 piece that does as described above. Has anyone been in a track recently with 2 piece? Seems pot luck on if the person on the gate is in a good mood or not… if only occasional trackday a 1 piece seems ott for many riders. If doing quite a few, really 1 piece the only way to go :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I used my Dainese two peice in Almeria okay with FE.

However, I came away from that thinking I need a set of 1pc. So I bought one.

8. Now you have the bug, that’s a good idea ;)

9. I do have the bug and I cant wait to do it again. And again.

Trying to get one of our mates to do it again is a bit of a pain tho. Not his fault mind.

10. I have one piece leathers already.
    I only mentioned the above as it would appear that many many people have been allowed in the past to go on a trackday with the current type of two piece zip together leathers i.e. those that don’t strictly satisfy the “zip all around with no gap” rule. It appears anecdotally that this type of kit doesn’t actually exist (anybody got some that do 360 degrees?).
    If this is the case, it appears unfair that the OP’s mates are not being allowed a refund or even a credit note for not having the type of two piece leathers that don’t actually exist!
    I fully agree with you on the comment regarding TD organisers having a hard time and also agree that suing them would likely be counterproductive to an already creaky existence.
    Perhaps if OP’s friends let NL know that these leathers don’t exist they may reverse their decision?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Not just any one piece- BKS iirc :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Hideout - custom cut for Brands Indy!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Oh yea. I remember now.

slightly scuffed (not just the sliders) :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Op also suggested others, with same leathers, were on track.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Out of interest I went and got my leathers out
    RST zip starts an inch either side of the fly front zipper
    Frank Thomas zip starts and stops at the pocket zip where it closes so a good 3 inches either side of the fly front zipper

16. Yes but we all know ladies cant tell inches properly.

In a desperate attempt to redeem myself, i checked mine (leathers) and they (dainese) are 4” either side.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. As a rule of thumb ...... I use my thumb :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. French for inch is puce.
    French for thumb is puce.
    Spooky eh?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seems like your inching towards a solution here...

20. My 2 piece m2m BKS wasn’t checked for torso zip at Donners Ducati day. Back protector was. My waist zip isn’t 360 degree either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information