1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Dqs Indication Has Disappeared

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Paul Mason, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Following a gearshift learning process after a battery removal the DQS is no longer displayed on the dash. It does not appear in the Riding Mode menu to enable switching on or off?

Can anyone advise?

Cheers

2. Did you ever manage to fix this? I have exactly the same.

3. Hello John,

I had to take it to the main dealer. They carried out a Ducati diagnostic check and cleared the fault. The DQS reappeared !

I have to admit the original fault was caused by me shorting out the wires on the gear selector.

Hope this helps.

4. You don’t have to but well done for owning up :upyeah:

5. My battery was drained as my kids turned the ignition on while I left my key in the bike.

Afterwards I had to go trough the gear learning procedure but still the dqs option is not there.

I was wondering if I can trigger the diagnostics myself as well, or is it with some special tooling only done by dealers?

6. When I checked last, there was no aftermarket diagnostic programme available to Joe public. So, like me, you may have to bite the bullet and take it to the main dealer.

Interestingly my battery had totally discharged so maybe I didnt introduce the fault?? If so its bad news if the battery is removed you have to take it to the dealer every time!

Anyone got any more info on this?

Good luck

7. I've had the battery on and off the 1199 a number of times over the past 4-6 weeks whilst assisting @Exige refine the Panigale upgraded starter cable kit to improve a few minor issues with fitting and have not had any problems with the QS Indication...

Perhaps @nelly could offer some thoughts with the issue you have both had with the 899 though :thinkingface:

8. I didn't have the problem before when my battery was out of my bike. Only now when I left the bike on for too long. Could also hear al the relay switches flickering :( will call my dealership what is the best option

9. It's worth following the cable up from the QS and checking the connector is plugged in fully. They're a bitch to get at and the tab quite often get broken. They're tied up to cables that most likely move when messing around the battery area. If it comes adrift, then the DQS option will drop.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information