1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Ban, Holding Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by J biker, May 9, 2019.

1. Based on your thinking a crime is only a crime if you get caught doing it. That’s the way a criminal thinks.

Some laws are there to protect innocent people from others.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lady on mobile went up my chuff outside work. Wrote her car off. I needed a new bumper.

I felt sorry for her as she was trying to get paid. She'd had a bad day and was very nice.

Sometimes shit happens.

3. And next time he was looking at his phone it could’ve been one of us he didn’t see, wrecked bike or maybe worse.
    Still pretty sad?....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. it seams we are happy to have laws to protect us from some idiots but not others. and for some, its all the fault of the left. the right want laws to allow them to say and do as they please. the left want laws to protect them from those that think they can say say and do as they please.
    aye, it's no easy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s why we have the Lib Dem’s; to sit in the middle. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. A couple of weeks ago I ended up on the verge dodging a teenage cockwomble coming in the other direction who was updating his status or whatever.
    If I had been on my bike I would have been in serious trouble.
    Being on the phone should be treated as seriously as drink driving.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Who? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. A crime is a crime if there’s a victim. No idea how you came up with that conclusion.

#48 bradders, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. Bollocks is it, a crime is when you break the law.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Really interested in the laws on this...

What is the law on using a mobile phone?
    It’s illegal to hold a phone or sat nav while driving or riding a motorcycle.
    You must have hands-free access, such as:
    a bluetooth headset
    voice command
    a dashboard holder or mat a windscreen mount a built-in sat nav (normally considered as the swept view of the windscreen wipers).
    The device must not block your view of the road and traffic ahead.

You must stay in full control of your vehicle at all times.
    The police can stop you if they think you’re not in control because you’re distracted and you can be prosecuted.

The law still applies to you if you’re: stopped at traffic lights queuing in traffic or supervising a learner driver!!!

11. My friends daughter has just passed her driving test 17 and I happened to pull up behind her while she was checking her phone and status for messenger/snapchat dontvknow which
    I saw her because her phone was on her right side on the windscreen

So ..... what do I do

12. Congratulate her on her multi-tasking ability but remind her gently that plod can also multitask...….

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Apologies for the hurty-feelies but I am here to inform you all …. women cannot multi-task. They cannot even look like they are multi-tasking.

That is all.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Grass her up to her mum and say don't identify you. Not to avoid the daughter being nasty but to keep her on her toes not knowing who has seen her. Better a friend tells the mum than a copper tell the mum her daughter ain't coming home.

• Agree Agree x 4

15. Your right
    I can’t talk on the phone and drive I have used handsfree but ended up saying hang on I have to concentrate on the next junction/sign etc so I don’t bother with my phone
    It sits in my bag and I just answer check Facebook/ducati forum when I’m home

Surely getting to your destination safe and alive is everyone’s priority ..... obviously not :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. My phone is set to auto unlock when connected to certain paired Bluetooth devices. One is the car and one is the bike. I can then use voice commands to do pretty much anything I need to do.

On Friday I asked my phone to play music on Spotify, skip tracks and then play a certain artist. I then asked it to text the missus and tell her I was 5 mins away.

I did not need to use my phone with anything other than my voice.

There is no need to sit there texting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's a great example DB but was thinking more in an office environment where the women are clustered around the kitchen facility chatting away.
    If they were truly capable of multi-tasking, they would chat and GTFO of the way of others wanting to use the kitchen facility.

Sorry, you know you're always going to get the unsweetened truth from me : o )

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. I read a great tip in the Viz magazine ages ago. It said pop your phone inside a huge sea shell when driving. If you get pulled just tell the officer you were listening to the sea..... :laughing::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. My girlfriend has a tattoo of a seashell on her inner thigh and.. When I put my ear up to it I can smell the ocean. :D :yum:heart::yum:heart::yum

#60 AirCon, May 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information