1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Dry Clutch Conversion Anyone??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Jan 16, 2019.

1. As per title. Worthwhile upgrade/mod?? My application is track only...

I know it's standard on the R for homo rules (see what I did there?) but I haven't got an R. I've got an S.

@nelly you're such a rascal... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. So, on my last visit to MR, it was mentioned that a ‘dry’ clutch cover had appeared in the spares catalogue but no ‘dry’ clutch mechanism - as yet. I also thought that although the V4R that has been doing the rounds of bike shows has a dry clutch, wet or dry could still be a decision to be made. Still not long to wait for the first RS to appear in a workshop not that far from me :D Andy

3. Pretty sure the R has to be dry. I plan to attend the ExCel bike show so I'll have a butchers...

4. Carole and I will be there on the Friday and the Ducati stand will be my first port of call. Andy

5. Doh! We're traveling down Friday. Staying on that ship next to it (it's the wife's birthday) then as a special treat she gets to traipse round the bike show with me on Saturday morning :)

6. homo rules ?? :laughing::sob:

7. Don't know how to spell the whole word :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Why would you change to a dry clutch? What are the advantages?

9. Cleaner oil, zero fluid drag which gives (rather small) power gains. You'll notice MotoGP bikes have dry clutches, at that level every smidgen of power helps. Easier maintenance too.

The advantages of the wet clutch are longevity, oil cooling and less noisy. Call me strange but I quite like the rattle of the dry clutch. Especially on a Ducati. It's the law.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. It's all out and ready mate, good to go... Best on the market too- which of course costs a bit :confused: I'm not sure yet, we'll see. Quite like the idea though.....

11. It does look good too. far better than those horrendous clear clutch covers for the wet clutch.

[​IMG]
    It seems you will only be bale to buy it from a Ducati dealer though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yep.... looks much more purposeful than those wanky see through things. And that's because it is more purposeful :):upyeah:

13. A dry clutch conversion spotted at Spa

P1040292.JPG P1040293.JPG P1040294.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. So much want for this .... love dry clutches but thats the same cost as a decent set of wheels ....

15. Wouldn't really recommend changing if it was just for road use. But track yes! Far better option not just performance but also maintenance ease... STM all the way! They are the masters of slippery things...

Now come on let's see that paintwork Mr MH;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. You're not helping my bank balance here.... :D

Booked into the paint shop 15th February.

17. The V4 STM dry slipper clutch conversion is now on the Ducati accessories web page. Kit is £2340+VAT :scream: (no idea how much for fitting). There are 2 additional clutch springs (at extra cost) available to increase the spring compression from the standard 36 to 50 or 70 (can’t remember the correct units) and several styles of clutch cover. I was advised that 2 positives over the OE wet ‘slipper’ clutch are, better when using launch control and better banging down the box aggressively. Perfect for racing and maybe an essential for a good high inter/fast track day rider (with a healthy bank account). Not sure it would be an essential for your average track day rider and road rider though. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information