1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dss And Fuel Sender Fault

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, May 17, 2018.

1. Chris, keep your fingers crossed, good things happen. I went for a short run at the weekend and the sensor error has disappeared! Not sure why but my fingers, legs and eyes will be crossed hoping it doesn't reappear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Peter, What could possibly go wrong? You'll be fine....Top Gear rules apply:upyeah:

3. Chris,
    Any update on the bike woes?

4. Yes, just got a call from the dealer, they got some time to look at it today (after a bit of nagging from me)
    The main DSS fault is a split in the wire to the rear shock, apparently you can't repair/solder this as it changes the resistance on the Cambus system. P&H are waiting to confirm Ducati will replace the whole unit (So glad I bought the extended warranty).
    Fuel sender is faulty part, needs replacing (Odd it went at the same time as the other fault though)

Heading down tomorrow to find out if the spare might arrive in time!

#24 Twin4me, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  5. Replacement Shock on order (£2,500!), will find out on Tuesday if the part is in stock and expected delivery time before I investigate option 2 (trade in for an unregistered DVT).

Tried the 1260 but can't see it being worth the cost to change.
    Also tried an Enduro, which was pretty nice. Can't understand why they don't just fit that seat to the 1260, so much more comfortable.

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. Sorry, but 2500! Ducati really need to have a word with themselves. That is beyond ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Chris,
    I saw an update on Multistrada.net, something about a defective cable, but did you finally get this issue sorted-out?
    Hopefully the answer is yes and you won't need to resort to the Pilot Paul 'BMW-option', for the forthcoming run-out o_O :zzz:

Regards
    TonyN

8. The part is en-route from Ducati and should arrive for fitting tomorrow (Fingers crossed, touch wood etc)

9. Well the part arrived in time and I've arranged to have it fitted....
    BUT
    Ducati have turned down the warranty claim!
    They said it's down to wear, not a manufacturing fault.

The P&H service manager is in the IOM, so I'm stuffed unless I pay for it myself now.

As I need the bike I'm going ahead with the repair, pay for it and I'll argue the toss when I get back.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Sounds outrageous to me. Wear and tear?! Utter tosh.

11. That's outrageous .. my current Ducati may well be my last one if this is how they treat a loyal, repeat customer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. They are saying it was pinched by the seat.
    [​IMG]
    Considering P&H had just serviced the bike on the 16th April and then I only rode it 3 times and I didn't remove the seat again I think they may need to provide some better answers...

As a minimum you think they might have just tried taping it up first!

#32 Twin4me, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  13. My one word answer to that begins with 'B' and ends with 's'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The routing of that cable doesn't look right. Mine disappears down underneath the canister next to the frame.

15. If I were having to pay, I'd want to explore other options given how much you were quoted.

16. Haven't you got the Touratwat seat on your bike Chris ? I wonder if that's got anything to do with it ?

I've just checked mine and as al_b says above the routing doesn't look right. Standard seat on my bike.

17. If it was pinched by the seat, that’s not wear and tear, that’s a routing issue. It’s not designed to be pinched by the seat so by definition, that’s not wear and tear

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Indeed, if anything its mis-use

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 419336BD-C63D-4512-B114-D0AA1625516E.jpeg Just went out and take picture of mine. All standard, nothing messed with, suspension etc never been out.

20. Just re looked at yours and yes that big hose/wire over the top isn’t there. It’s like it’s been put on back to front. Have you had the shock out or any work on it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information