1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dss And Fuel Sender Fault

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, May 17, 2018.

1. well... it is unusable now ...
    [​IMG]
    Only by disconnecting this electro-hydraulic unit they could get rid of all the false errors (like the fuel gauge). At the same time, by cutting the wires they did 'damage' the unit even further ... I might even insist on bringing it back to its original state ....:thinkingface:. But just see what they come up with.

I bought the bike new at that dealer and did all the maintenance there (and that's quite significant at 20k km's a year).

Do you ride your bike through winter (salt)? Maybe it is caused by an overloaded servo-drive/preload adjuster due to corrosion on the adjuster mechanism?

Like you: I'll give them a fair chance to come up with a decent solution. And I do realise that this also depends on their relationship with Ducati NL. But if it doesn't work out ... Plan B.

Had a Multistrada 1000DS many years ago: fun to ride but ducati parts supply in those days was very poor. Long story short: I kept riding the BMW R1100S (hence the nickname) that was still in the shed (the bike the Multi was meant to replace) while the Ducati was waiting for spare parts...

Must say it is much better nowadays.

2. come to think of it ... probably not since it is a hydraulic adjustment. The servo-drive is in a fully enclosed, sealed housing while the adjuster is probably some plunger within the shock. So these two are mechanically disconnected.

3. why didn't they just unplug it rather than cutting the wires?

4. Yeah... I wondered also.

They did locate the problem down to the electro-hydraulic unit; they connected one of another Multistrada (they actually stripped that one to swap ECU, dashboard) to it and that didn't produce the error messages the original unit did.

Next thing, probably, was to determine whether it was the wiring or the unit itself. I guess they first tried to measure the resistance of the wires to check if it was broken/torn. But you can't do that while there's a load (the servo motor) attached.

5. took the offer from Ducati: new shock free of charge ... but will have to pay the hours work.

not happy with it but it is as it is: unamused:

6. To be honest if you are out of Warranty that's not a bad offer...

7. that's my thought as well

8. Hello! I believe I did a big mistake. I belive I did accidentally plug the ESE into the DSS socket. And now I get an DSS error...

What can I do to get things back in order and get rid of that error?!

Thank you!

20191229_143246.jpg

9. Try disconnecting the battery. Leave a while and reconnect. Bike should recalibrate dss

10. Hello! Thank you for the advice, but I tried this and the error is still there... I also took the bike out for a few kilometers with no success...

It changes the riding modes; I hear the suspension working, but the error is still there.

12. Try leaving it not connected to the battery for an extended time so computer can start from the beginning forcing a recalibration of the suspension. If not then dealer visit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information