1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubcat Does Picos (2019)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by dubcat, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sharp advices. Not sure but i did not read a medikit or, at least, a mini one. I'd add a multitool (pliers, and so on..). Anyway, in the meantime your staying, i'm a local guy (Cantabria) so in needing of info or some help, give me a call. Totally recommendable Waze app, down here.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 8 - The return leg (Spanish half)

Warmest day of the tour by far. We took the route shown below and saw some lovely sights on the way back to Santader. Stopped by a bunch of cows and horses. Had a FANTASTIC lunch at a little village. A great last day to a brilliant tour.

IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    Here's the sexiest bike on the tour - mine! :)
    IMG_1753.jpg
    The biggest bike on the tour (the armchair that got dropped on the first day).
    IMG_1755.jpg
    The craziest bike to tour on was this Triumph which is normally a track bike.
    IMG_1756.jpg
    And finally.. the sweetest bike on the tour (which could also be the craziest bike to tour on) is this Fireblade SP2. It is one of only a few in the country and has a blueprinted engine straight out of world superbike. It makes the most glorious sound and is a bat out of hell. The owner is not all moneyed up and definitely knew how to use it. He was also one of the nicest guys on tour.
    IMG_1736.jpg
    And here's some horsey pic's
    IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. 9 - The return leg (English half)

IMG_1771.jpg
    The ferry journey was a lot less painful than anticipated. Thanks to earplugs I got a good nights rest. I then killed three hours in the cinema watching the Avengers movie. I had a drink with the Can-Am tricycle guy. Very interesting chap with a LONG history of motorcycles. He'd just done 3k miles on the Can-Am.

IMG_1782.jpg

The wait at UK border was rubbish. Being returned to Plymouth rather than Portsmouth combined with being delayed and with bad weather expected put paid to my ideas of going home slowly. We hit the road and ended up going as fast as possible. We hit some of the worst weather I've ever been out on a bike in. Thunder, lightning and torrential rain. My gear kept me dry though and so it was all fine in the end. One fuel stop along the way and I got home at 10.30pm. That's the end of my tour. The next morning I was absolutely shattered for the first time since I left home.

The drop off system worked EXTREMELY well. We all got to ride as fast as we wanted and we didn't lose ANYONE in over 2000 miles or riding. Considering there were 24 of us I think that's some achievement.

Can't wait to go again!

IMG_1795.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. ps i used the pet hair dryer to dry my bike before even taking my jacket off or unloading my bike
    pps i spent ages cleaning my bike today
    ppps the replacement crash bobbins were waiting for me when i got home
    pppps the brake pedal has been ordered
    ppppps I noticed that the rear light cluster is also broken (while cleaning my bike) - i'm not sad though as I know it could have been OH so much worse

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Great write-up, thanks for sharing your trip with us :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Great pics too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great write up - sounds like you had a very eventful tour with a bit of everything thrown in (hope you took condoms..)!

Well done for getting there and back virtually unscathed!

I also see you are just up the road from me too!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Really? Where are you? I'm in Horley.

9. Great write up .Makes me want to book ferry tickets ..

10. Near Gatwick.

11. Do they do Ferry's too :thinkingface:

12. I was near Gatwick once. .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information