1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Duc-ee Fitted - Exhaust Valve Woes No More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rainman, Apr 30, 2018.

1. I've had an EML come on before because of my quick shifter. I disconnected the battery a couple of times, and the following day, it disappeared. So these is a good chance that it will reset itself.

2. No personal attacks please. People will always disagree in some shape or form. that is human nature.

However if a "discussion" becomes too much and you feel like lashing out then please either:

1. step away from the thread or
    2. put the person/s you disagree with on ignore

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. So this afternoon off I go to the garage to fit this thing, seats off, looks all around the place, seats on.

Can’t find where it goes, leave it to them who know.

But I think I have cured the wobbly sat nav.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I can tell you what the 1098 valve does
    When you turn the ignition on it closes the valve and immediately opens it.
    It closes around 2k and opens at 3k. It was a cheap simple device Ducati use to pass noise tests ( noise tests being carried out at 2-3k slow speed ride by)
    Duc eye don't make them for 1098's anymore. I bought one from a recommendation on here off e bay. It didn't work they sent me another and that didn't work
    I resorted back to my original method which retains the servo but with the cables disconnected. That's the disadvantage, the advantage is its free if you have a bit of bar and a drill handy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Take seats off, right hand side of riders seat (as you sit on the bike), you will see a connector block being held with a rubber surround. Next to it, right against down the side the frame, there's a connector that you have to reach with a pair of long nose pliers and a small screwdriver to unhitch the clip.

Job done!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will attempt this later, thanks for the info.

7. You will need to pull this out to give you room. It's secured by a rubber barb which you can just pull out without fear of damaging the rubber, but it's a bugger to re-secure it back into it's original hole. I tried removing the connector that it was holding from the rubber surround, which made it easier to get it back in place, but then it proved impossible to slide the connectors back into the rubber surround as there was no room to re-orientate them back inside.

8. To put the DUC-EE on took me five minutes from start to finish.

I have popped the cable from the servo thing can I leave this dangling so to speak?.

9. I fitted the Healtech ESE to my bike, took 5 minutes thanks to the tips posted on here. Took the bike for about a 30 mile ride last night and I immediately noticed how much smoother the engine was at low revs (2-3000). Makes riding through towns with 30 mph limit much easier and more relaxing, 3rd gear is even possible now! Before fitting it I always felt that the bike hesitated coming out of roundabouts in 2nd gear, all gone now thankfully. I'm leaving everything in place (partly out of laziness!) as I don't care if the valve seizes in the open position!

10. Could I ask was this on a DVT or a 1260 ??

11. DVT

12. Has anyone got a photo of were the Duc we actually fits do you need to remove the side bodywork

13. Rather than go to the expense of buying a DUC-EE why didn't you just disconnect the cable from the valve and fit a 6mm x 50mm compression spring onto the cable.
    This fools the ECU into thinking the valve is still opening and closing.
    Of course you first have to make sure the valve is in the open position.
    I did this fix on my DVT a couple of years ago, no engine fault light and slightly more noise.
    Desperado

14. Hi
    Thanks for this unfortunately Coventry Ducati have today wired the valve permanently fully open and disconnected it from the wiring harness they did this so I can use the bike on holiday
    I've ordered a DUC-EE just need to know we're to plug it in and do I need to remove the side fairing

15. It goes under the seat and you don’t need to remove any fairing etc, if your looking from the rear it’s on the right side under the front seat.

16. Thanks don't suppose you have a picture

17. Just my tuppence worth but all I did was remove screws holding flap on. Remove flap. Sorted.
    Doesn't matter if cable seized or not after that. servo senses drag and give no error code.

18. Isn't it the shaft on which the flap is mounted that seizes and then presents too much friction for the actuating motor to overcome that brings about the failure? Is there an error light when an unmolested valve seizes, or just an effect on performance? Sounds like it requires a bit of resistance to indicate that it's working too, in the absence of this I understand that there is an error flagged up on the dash, hence the coil spring in Desperado's fix to add that resistance.

I have a Healtech plug-in eliminator ready to go onto my 1260, just haven't gotten around to it yet :rolleyes: Full of intentions to remove the cable and actuator motor, which is the advantage of the eliminator, but likely outcome is that I won't...

19. Yup. Shaft seizes. No problem for the servo tho.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I have just received the Duc-EE servo eliminator. Many thanks to everyone here for their contribution.
    Looking forward to installing this gizmo and see if i can gain a bit of mid-range pick-up. I'm not expecting much mind you but that valve does rob power when it closes.
    We're getting close to the end of the season here in Ottawa as it's near freezing. It will have to wait until the spring. :zzz:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information