1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Duc-ee Fitted - Exhaust Valve Woes No More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rainman, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Guys. How easy is it to get at the valve itself. The part where the cable is fitted ?
    I’m getting the MIL light I can clear that easy enough but every few days it comes back.
    Would be nice if I could find the stupid valve maybe give it a bit of a whack just to make me feel better.
    Does disabling it in the jammed open position affect my exhaust gas readings MOT here is super strict

2. You need to whip the end can off, not a great picture I am afraid...

IMG_3014-cropped.JPG

3. That’s great
    Thanks Grahamg
    Now I see what I need to get at

4. While I had the rear wheel removed to get the tire replaced, I took the opportunity to toy with the engine sound while the exhaust is off the bike. Spoiler: No noticeable increase in volume without the end can. However, the tone may be somewhat different.
    I also toyed with the RPM's and Throttle Position.
    Observations: The valve is open at idle, closes at 3500 RPM and re-opens at around 6000 RPM and above.
    As you decrease the throttle, the exhaust valve re-closes as it passes though the 3.5k~6k zone and re-opens below 3.5k.
    I also tested if the TP had any effect on the exhaust valve while with electrical power but engine off. Nothing. While something inside the engine was moving (most likely throttle valves), the exhaust valve did not. While this is not conclusive evidence, the valve is most likely RPM related and not TP related.
    I also took a video ( my first YouTube) although it was difficult aiming the phone while looking at the RPM display. Not my finest piece of work but hope it helps.

20200503_194022.jpg

#64 DarR, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  5. did you put one of your home :p video's up? says it's private?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. That should be public as well. ;)
    I changed a few check-marks. Should be public now.

#66 DarR, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  7. Rainman,

would it be possible for you to take a photo of the DUC-EE plugged in (or, since I read above that you have removed the DUC-EE, perhaps you took a photo before you removed it?) so that it is clear which plug under the seat of a Multi 1260 that it gets plugged into?

i would appreciate it greatly.

8. I'll take a few pics tomorrow.

For those that haven't bought a duc-ee yet from vizi-tec and think of leaving the exhaust valve motor/harness in place, vizi-tec now offers a mating connector and sealing plugs for 5$. Makes for a clean and sealed setup.

9. it's the blank mating connector w/dummy plugs(keeps unused connector dry)+$5.00
    https://www.vizi-tec.com/shop/exhaust-servo-emulator/

10. I just whacked some grease into the open connector or you could use dylectric grease that should stop any corrosion on the pins in the plug.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I'm not a firm believer in butt dyno's. If you were me, I'd take what I'm about to write with a grain of salt.
    I installed and re-installed the Duc-ee a few times to gauge the difference in throttle response in the 3~6k RPM range.
    Could be placebo but the RPM's seems to accelerate a bit faster in various gears in that range.
    May be marginally louder also.

#71 DarR, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Does anyone know if you can get this blank on it's own in Europe, or what connector I would search for?

13. US$5 for the dummy plug is high yet ok but US$16 for shipping! : unamused:
    Why should we care about the connector that leads to the servo anyways?
    Like @rotaxracer, plug-it with anything like stuffing a blue rubber glove we all have these days.
    Maybe some guy in Wuhan already made one for US$2 with free shipping worldwide on AliExpress.
    Don't forget your blue rubber gloves upon reception.

#73 DarR, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  14. Because of overwhelming demand, please find attached a few photos of the Ducc-EE installed.
    As previously mentioned, the plug is located under the two white plug cluster wrapped in a rubber holster on the throttle side of the bike. Simply pull these two upwards and the servo plug will be visible underneath. Once you un-plug the servo connector, there's enough slack to pull it upwards as shown to facilitate pluggin the Ducc-EE.

Of course, I needed visual confirmation to check if this dongle works. Consequently, I removed the heel guard exposing the exhaust valve, rev'd-it-up and see if the Duc-ee did prevent it from closing. Valve did not move and no CE light. There you have it.
    IMGP0002.JPG IMGP0003.JPG IMGP0004.JPG

#74 DarR, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information