1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1098 (2008) Corse Edition Or Scam?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by psousa, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Hi guys! Im trying to sort this doubt.. Im just about to buy a Ducati 1098 from 2008...the fairings have the Corse colors and as far as I can research there was never this edition for this model /year.... can you confirm if its legit? Thanks

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 14.51.47.png

2. IIRC, the official Corse colours were either 848 or 1198, not 1098. Andy

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you Andy....in this case what is the scenario here? the owner replaced for aftermarket fairings (or original) as for the tank ...was it painted? how do you get it to look like this? cheers

4. That 1098 sticker also just looks wrong, far to big, black background. I haven't seen any official 1098 sticker look like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 848, 1098 and 1198 fairing were basically interchangeable. Would be easy to swap across but hard to tell what way they went. It may be your picture but the lines don't look as nice as either the other internet pictures of a 2012 848 Evo or 1198 Evo it would seem to be copying.

If they are telling you this is a rare 1098 Corse I would be walking away as to me they seem to be lying about something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 1198S Corse also has Ohlins all round, this has base model forks. The red frame is correct for an S but everything else suggests its a Base model. Looks like the frame may have been painted. or its an S with Base suspension and aftermarket fairings. Yes, that 1098 logo is wrong. Walk away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Its a dealer, hes not claiming that is special edition.....as for 7300€ ,26 000km ts nothing special in claiming any exclusiveness... my only concerns are why did the owner change it (crashed?) and the quality of the fairings (Ducati originals or after market?...)... so Im not sure if I should go for it or not.. another thing that is bothering me is the "EVO" by the "1098" numbers...can you see it?

8. Could it be a 848 Evo Corse that someone has bunged a 1098 into?

[​IMG]

9. People paint stuff all the time. Could be a small drop meant paint or just liked the different look. Only way you will know is to inspect: bottom of forks, lock stops, swingarm are key giveaways normally

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I’d have a look under that engine cover too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Its the red frame that confuses me the most.

• Like Like x 1
  12. i asked the dealer to send papers... here is a picture...Am I seeing right or its a 1098 S ? (on number 0.3 in document)

Screenshot_20220120-163851_WhatsApp.jpg

13. If it didnt have 1098 written on it, I'd say that was an 848 Evo

14. That is not an official model in any way, all of the above mentioned are correct but the Corse SE was a limited edition 1198S based model, never the 1098, the evo badge was only used on the revised 848 models, as for the red frame that was across the board apart from the one year they brought back the bronze frame, which I seem to remember was 2009 but I'm old and my memory is not quite what it was! The other major element of the Corse SE was a lightweight aluminium tank that was a bare brushed finish on the top half above the black and white stripes.
    It looks like one of the chinese pre painted fairing kits for track day use to me but it is definitely not an original bike and not an "s" model, it's not even that cheap so for me it's a definite walk/run away and look for something more honest!

15. The 1098S has ohlins and forged wheels and a red frame. The 1098 Base has those forks and wheels and a gold or dark grey frame (depending on colour, ie my 1198 base had dark grey frame as it was a white one, red ones had gold frame (?))

16. The documentation confirms 1098..

17. Can’t you contact Ducati HQ and ask them?

18. As far as I remember the 1198 base model had the grey frame, the S model a red one including the Corse as I mentioned there was a limited run of gold framed models in both red and black for the one year but I can't honestly remember if this was exclusive to the S model?! But I am pretty sure all of the 1098 bikes were red framed irrespective of colour or spec but I stand to be corrected by someone with a better memory than me!!!

19. if that's the associated official log book/document then surprised it's listed "1098/1098S" at D3 - it's either one or the other..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information