1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 1098 R

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mr Tea, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Very fair price, these will be £30k soon :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Means I’ll at lest be riding it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hope mine doesn't break then :eek:

4. it really is a bit of a lottery on pricing these.
    You have those dipsticks up north making prices up as they go which doesn't help and looking on eBay I see another is up today for £21k

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bikes are all the time sold and bought at the current market price....what was the price couple of years ago and what would be the price in the future is irrelevant for the present time.
    GLWS

#25 alexko, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Simple answer is.... a long term investment! .... How about 15k and my Casio G-shock?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. In truth I think £15k is the right price that it will sell for . People want them but not at silly prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I think the OP is right in this regard. The last 3 of these that I know that have sold in the last 4 weeks have gone for 13.5-15. As the OP states though, they’re tricky to price, as greed abounds.

I guess that’s why you often see these- and D16s- on offer for years at a time. Asking isn’t getting.

9. 18m ago I tried to buy one with crash bungs. Couldn’t agree a price alas (don’t know if the seller got 16k in the end) so I spent the money on a 911.

Alas, I couldn’t justify spending my savings on a bike right now or at 15k starting point I’d be coming to have a look. As I think that’s a ‘fair’ value right now as Mr T says rather than inflated or cheap.

Glws :upyeah:

10. Or maybe prices for these are starting to "normalise" to something sensible???

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Far more likely. People hoped they’d get lucky, and have discovered that they aren’t as lucky as they’d hoped. I guess that’s the game for some folks, though.

12. :thinkingface:

13. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seems a fair opening gambit at £18.5k and you are realistic as to what you'll eventually get for it, although I think you'll see slightly more than £15k. What you paid for it is irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. No one can predict what 'investment' bikes will sell at when you are no longer able to get the fuel for them.

And no one knows when that might be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. Couple of people showing interest at the £15k price so looks like its heading in that direction.

17. 15k seems a bit low....
    Why not try and sell on ebay with 14 days bidding option?
    Let's say 16k starting price and let the bidders decide, even if it doesn't sell it should give a good "reflection" on value and how many actuall buyers are out there looking for one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Because I fear eBay like a rabbit caught in a dogs home.
    I’ve sold items on there before and it used to be great but now I feel it’s full of mongs who would use your average seller as target practice .
    No delivery to some means will you deliver to me....
    No offers means what will you sell it to me for ......

Whilst we may disagree on things in here I do feel it’s done in a manageable and polite way !!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Can I also add I would happily consider a 888, either Strada or an SP model .

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. How about an 1198S???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information