1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 2017 Trackday Attendees

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Please explain more...thanks...

How do you think they got like that?
    How did you "Straighten" them?[/QUOTE]

2. [/QUOTE]
    Symptom was that it looked out of square and the lock wasn't equal both sides. Turns out the rhs bar was closer to the tank, and the steering damper was restricting the travel available as it's on a bracket on the bar, so once they was moved forward to match the other it freed the damper and bingo. Thankfully not forks or yokes

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMG_0859.JPG
    You can just see the nose of the very loud desmo in the backround.

• Like Like x 4
  4. have to say your bike looks just as good, Kingfixer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. _DSC4968_422.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Had a great day yesterday. 1st time on the GP circuit, loved it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. it was good to see some classic ducati's there though the mass's of panigale's going round. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hello, is indeed mine and glad people like it :) I know I do ....

@Android853sp good to meet you mate :)
    @Ducbird Is there a blushing smiley ??
    @bradders Did finally get a brief catch up, good to see you mate

I had a great day, no real moment and had a great laugh following various people and overtaking others, some great characters in our garage, Lee with his Desmo, Athena his missus with the 899, Gurpreet on the rental bike as well as Pratty and a few others .... big thanks to Rick Hackett for looking after us all ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. 20170629_140249.jpg First time at Silverstone yesterday and what a cracking day, even took the 1098R out for a few laps as well.
    Morning in inters with a bit of circuit guidance from an instructor, then spent the afternoon sessions in the fast group, happy with a 2.36 lap in the last session. Even the rain stayed away, mostly.

#409 kartman, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. How did you wangle guidance?
    We were up in 12c feeling really unloved with the whole CSS lack of interaction, might as well have had leprosy!

11. During the briefing the bloke that got up after Tim said come and find one of the CSS riders and ask. The CSS rider who chastised cookster said he couldn't catch him for 2 laps and had to wait for him to slow down. Clearly differing abilities in their organisation as there was in the punters on the day. Andy

#411 Android853sp, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Coo, that's quick. Tip top!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Obviously garage 6c was the place to be then :p. I just stopped one of them in pit lane and asked him to tow me round for a couple of laps, he wasn't able to then but he collared another instructor for me, worth it too as it was easy to get lost on that circuit :D.

14. I ventured down to the end to say hello but you weren't there, said hello to Adam though! 2 Bikes in the garage did look empty.

15. FE said about queuing to get into the circuit, cramped/packed briefing room, sub novice riders in the fast group, going out on slighting laps that were dangerously slow, all riders being let out on track at the same time, creating road-blocks, CSS riders that were getting in the way. Bunching everyone up on track after lunch for another formation lap, then letting them all go at once. Along with those on hire bikes who were shit scared of crashing them in corners.

A great opportunity to run a great event was lost by poor organisation and failing to police the riders/groups. Other than meeting up with old and new faces, it wasn't worth attending.

16. I didn't catch the name of the photographer yesterday, however www.picman.co.uk was at Donnington so I assume that was him yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  17. He's become a right whinging git lol, in fairness he and Banes ae ballistic so it wasnt a surprise but I watched the fast group and a few of them would have struggled in Novices !!!!!! Was a good day out though ..... you could have come and overtaken more than a few :)

Hope you're all good mate :)

18. I am mate, you? Maybe next time!

He said that he thought he saw me in the fast group. Something about a dangerously slow rider in red leathers that looked like they belonged to Barry Sheene's granddad, wearing a paper mache crash helmet.

19. So, apart from that and the drizzle it was ok?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information