1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 2017 Trackday Attendees

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Possibly, but you would think she new the difference between the two circuits seeing as they run lots of their CSS days at Silverstone, let's hope she has just made a mistake, and we can all enjoy the full GP circuit.

2. Ducati website states the following ...

Ducati UK announce 2017 track days at Donington Park and Silverstone Circuit
    This year Ducati UK will host two exclusive track days for Ducati owners at Donington Park on May 30 and Silverstone on June 29. Both the track days will be ‘noisy’ (105db) days and will take place on the full GP circuits priced at £189. Breakfast and lunch is included in the price for those riding.

A unique feature of Ducati track days will be the chance to hire a Ducati to ride on track. For those who do not wish to take their own bike on track or would like to test ride a Ducati in a controlled environment then there is an opportunity to hire the new Supersport , the 959 Panigale or the 1299 Panigale. These can be reserved during the booking process. It is advisable to book hire bikes early as there is a limited number and hire bikes sell out quickly.

The track events will again be conducted with the assistance from California Superbike School, who will be there providing expertise and guidance as well as monitoring track activity. There will be a number of Ducati dealers attending, bringing technical support as well as members of the Ducati UK team hosting the day.

*Price of hire includes fuel and tyre usage. A £1,000 returnable damage deposit is required. Costs are limited to repairs, only if required. Session only prices on application.

Hire Bikes

• Supersport £265
    • Panigale 959 £285
    • Panigale 1299 £365

Leathers can be hired at a cost of £39

Full one piece leathers or two piece leathers that zip together hip to hip. Full face helmets, boots and gloves are required by the circuits and kit will be inspected on the day before you are allowed on track.

To book your places at any of the above track days please contact Wendy: [email protected] Tel: 0118 957 4354

Or book via the website: Book Online

3. She may be confusing the track day on the GP circuit with this which is on the National circuit ...

California Superbike School in association with Ducati UK has launched for 2017, a new unique track experience, named ‘Ducati on track’.

‘Ducati on track’ has been created for those wishing for a taste of riding on track for the first time or realising a dream of riding a Ducati in its natural environment. This experience will be hosted at the world renowned Silverstone circuit, home of the British MotoGP and F1 Grand Prix and will take place on the National circuit.

The Northamptonshire track, home to Ducati UK and California Superbike School in the UK, will play host to three of these exclusive ‘Ducati on track’ dates in 2017. The first ‘Ducati on track’ event will take place on May 17th, followed by two more on June 7th and 2nd August.

20 of the acclaimed 959 Panigales, will be made available to customers who will have the chance to book a place for either the morning or afternoon.

#143 Shorty4045, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. The Ducati track day is June 29th

It's not confusing at all really.

5. I have a new, to me , Ducati on the way so i'll be on for the 29th. Ive done plenty of track time but its a new to me bike and never done Silverstone either so i jingle around in novices will be fine for me.

I need to get out more , this seems a good place to start.

6. Have you booked and are you on the list?

7. Previous post says only fast group left but hey, you were never going to "jingle" around on a 1098R :D. You need to get out there and put some miles on it before Silverstone. Big, wide and forgiving circuit so long as you don't get sucked in by the really quick boys. Andy

8. There are only fast group spaces left at Silverstone and i think they may be down to the last couple of spaces too.

9. Sideways question....on said day are you allowed to turn up to watch....i was curious as ive never been on a track day before (not going on this one) but thought if i turned up just to see what goes on and how it all goes - am i allowed in..?

10. Yes

11. Ah - ok - i might take a jaunt up there....its not too-bad-a-ride....not the most comfortable but i suppose ill have to take the hyper - cant turn up to a ducati day not on a ducati....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Starting to look forward to this now! First time I'll be using my 899 on track.
    Doing Oulton this Tuesday on my trusty old cbr 600 first though

13. Thought I'd make everyone aware especially attending Donington Park that a Ducati was stolen yesterday at a meeting in broad daylight!

I think I'll take a couple of locks with me for if or when I have to leave the bike unattended

14. Saw this on Facebook. Not good at all if this sort of thing is going to start happening at race meets/trackdays.

I've been wondering how I'm going to get to the Silverstone ducati day for 7-7.30ish in the morning. Thought about a hotel the night before but don't know if I dare leave my 899 on the car trailer parked in a car park overnight. In a van would be better as it's out of sight

15. I hire a van from enterprise when I do trackdays. If you book in advance can usually get one for roughly £30-£35 per 24 hours

16. Yeah I might end up doing this. Have had one before I bought my trailer.

17. Donington has a rep for it, which is amazing given the security is 24hrs and you have to pass the gates.

18. Neil 900ss novice

First trackday ever so will be wobbling round with at least 2 other mates on 900ss':grimacing:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Donington;
    Clive (Tobytyke) - Inters - 748Evo
    Boz1974 - novice - 1299
    Steve899 - inters
    SimonT - fast 1199R
    Adamwhittuk - novice
    Bazzer Inters 999R
    Paul55 Trioptions 848 Inter
    Chadders848evo - novice - 1199
    Sam1199 - inters
    Duc996 - novice - 996