1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Ducati 748 Sp Do Or Not

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Kloekie, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Kloekie, if you don't buy the R will you post the link to the advert on here? There are a few on here would be interested in buying it even if it's not in the UK.

2. Only the rods are titanium, not the cams. Things can get expensive if you remove the bottom end bolts as they are 'supposed' to be two use only

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. This one...

DucSP.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. A bit of a late reaction The 748SP/R I did not buy, will probably go for a 996SPS when it is in the shape the sellers says - Saturday I will see here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yes that one.

6. Nice early one with showa forks. These are cracking bikes

7. D**n, had a agreement with the seller on price - now he wanted 2k€ extra because somebody offers more.

Will not accept that, so the search will go on !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. It doesn’t surprise me. The bike is for sale for a long time and I also made an offer he excepted and than declined. Didn’t even saw it and it doesn’t surprise me if it’s a bitsa because he regularly sells ducati parts....

9. I was in conversation with him for 2 weeks, and we agreed on price and all. This afternoon he WhatsApp't me that he needs a extra 2k€, I refused and told him that we had a agreement.

So I am not the only one......pffff what an .....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well....it will come to you if you have patience. If he comes back you offer him 3k less

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I doubt that very much. Pretty standard tactic of a seller who thinks they should have been offered more. If he came back, I’d offer advice on where he could put the bike ..... as painfully as possible :upyeah: Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Where is the bike for sale ?

13. I’m guessing in Holland ? Andy

14. Yes it was in Holland for sale but the ad is deleted this afternoon.

Very surprised this kind of handling, for me a agreement is a agreement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Help....

Went today looking for a 748SPS and 996SPS in red...

The 748SPS needs TLC, but can become a nice bike if we can agree on the price. TBH I like a 748 more of the revie character. Does the 748SPS have no decals on the petrol tank ?

The 996SPS is Japanese import, mint condition and is well maintained. But I am afraid of the bull character of the 996cc, just my thought.

#36 Kloekie, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  16. If you need any help shoot, but I need some pictures. Where is it for sale? Cheers.

17. 996 all day long

18. Cancel your manicure, grow a mustache, and buy the 996!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 996 is probably easier to ride. 748 you have to be on it all the time. Nice decision to make though. Get both??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information