1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 749s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by bluey, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugger, wanted your can ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Turns out I'm not very good at this bike selling lark. eBay bidder/winner turns up then walks away because I asked for money up front before he rides into the sunset for a 'test ride'. Am I unreasonable? There is no way I am allowing someone whom I have never met before to rant my bike around the local streets without any cash up front. Besides, I thought a bid on eBay was a bid to buy, eg all that is to be done on the day is paperwork and payment then FO with your purchase!!

Anyways. The 749s didn't sell. Fcuking eBay time wasting nuggets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. q rite there,, no cash no ride.

4. Yep, no cash no ride is pretty standard. And I think you bid to buy as long as it's described and not knackered.

5. So it looks like it is a keeper for a while longer unless someone genuine comes along in the meantime.

Today was odd. If this guy had the money with him and he was genuine why would he get so pissy about cash up front. He got really pissy, I mean really pissy. To the point that my neighbour asked me later what the guys problem was.

6. Sounds like you did the right thing, it's not unheard of test riders disappearing into the sunset, did he arrive in his own transport?

7. Own transport and with two mates. I was stood there thinking there was a chance that he rides off, his two mates make an excuse to drive away and that's that. No bike no money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ducati 749s | eBay

OK. So here is the new advert, no rush to sell so I'll leave it running until I find the right buyer. It's a classified ad this time. I'll consider offers from you lot. :)

This weekend I'll ride out and take some new photos in daylight, I think you will be impressed.

Please remember this is an 'S' so you get the extra goodies. It's been set up at CJS and Louigi. Runs as sweet as possible, no hiccups, no stalling, starts first time every time. The paint isn't perfect but it is good for the year and she polishes up lovely. Loads of extras, please see eBay advert and watch the YouTube film.

9. agree with your hunch of "no cash=no ride". I wouldn't let anybody near mine without it.

looks like a decent bike at a decent price - good luck with the sale.

Pete

10. I like the new pics!

• Like Like x 1
  11. A few more pictures. It is booked in to have a brand new rear tyre on Friday and the missing seat pad is on order. There are a few wear and tears marks as to be expected but for a 10+ year old bike it really is very good.

I won't get my money back and I have spent a small fortune.

WP_20161203_15_03_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20161203_15_04_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20161203_15_04_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20161203_15_03_44_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I totally agree with the no cash, no test ride. I wouldn't dream of testing a bike without offering the full amount or at least the keys to my car.
    BUT, nothing makes me move on to the next ad than "no test pilots/time wasters/tyre kickers etc. It makes the seller sound too aggressive and unapproachable. I would change it to something softer like, 'Please feel free to test ride it, but only if you bring a valid insurance document and the asking price in cash'
    Also be aware that insurance nowadays does not cover 'driving someone else's vehicle with their permission'

Cheers
    Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Easily fixed. I'll change that now. Thanks.

14. still for sale? Have a mate that is looking but probably a lil into the new year. I've suggested this.

15. Yes, still for sale. I do have a lead though that may pan out it Sunday.

16. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information