1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 750s Ie Oil Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DMSVenom, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Thankyou for that.
    The iawdiag from the same site does. It's picked up on throttle position sensor.
    On the horizontal barrel the bottom oil way is blocked on the lower face where it meets the block. Seeing as I had both barrels off and replaced seals / shim did I go mad with sealant on that barrel as well

2. Looks like you're on the way getting it sorted then :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Only you know how much sealant you used on the vertical barrel. When using the silicone sealants I cut the nozzle so that you get a 2mm bead when the tube is squeezed. I then smooth it out with a latex-gloved finger so that there is an even about 0.1 to 0.2mm layer across the gasket face, enough to take up any unevenness in the mating faces, but not so much as to cause a bead to be squeezed out when the parts are torqued down

• Like Like x 1
  4. It strikes me as an awful design that around that hole that got filled with sealant doesn't have an o-ring. There is a machined flat surface on the barrel and crankcase (with a hole that lines up in the barrel and crankcase), the base gasket / shim has a bigger hole that the holes in the barrel / crankcases coincide with. I didnt want it leaking so went over exuberantly with the three bond.

#24 DMSVenom, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  5. I've got engine out and vertical cylinder off....... Bit of a sod as it wasn't blocked in the oilways.
    I'm waiting for base shim and o-rings to come before I can start re assembling.

6. Sorry for the long delay in updating this.
    I got both barrels off and it looks like i went more than a bit mad with the three bond and bunged up the oil ways in both barrels.
    After scaping all the excess grey stuff off and waiting about 6 weeks for a failed / re submitted order for gaskets / o-rings etc from an online retailer of Ducati parts i finally started to get the engine back together again.
    I can say it was a darn sight easier getting engine back in without front wheel or forks on (i could lower frame onto engine instead of getting engine up to frame height).
    Engine back in and ready to start up.

7. With the engine back in i looked at the terminals on the TPS plug as IAWDiag kept saying issue with TPS. The terminals were blue and nearly furry, i couldn't clean em up for love nor money. I put new terminals on instead.
    The engine fired up with the minimum of fuss, ticked over nicely and clanking has now gone.
    The TPS errors have now gone as has the popping and farting when revving. Who would have thought the TPS would lead to such mis-fueling and causing awful running.

8. Thanks to everyone for their input to help me getting the 750s running sweet :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Whooo hoooo! Welldone.

I'm sure this deserves a pic!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information