1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 848 Evo Frame Crack

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Anton van der Veen, Oct 27, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I know, I remember thinking "This is going to hurt" as I hurtled through the air and could smell the chloroform :mask: before I landed. o_O

Don't worry, the bike was OK, rather unbelievably. The frame was checked over and was as straight as a die. :eek: New swing arm, wheels and bodywork and she lived to fight another day.

916.JPG
    I on the other hand, have the scars still today. :(

#44 Robarano, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. That's what I said

3. Fuggin Editing fiend :rolleyes: now it looks like I've summond @Tim and he might be angry :worried:

4. You never know, he might have a 1198R for £15k

5. Cool :cool: bagsey first dibs :):upyeah:

6. I said it first

7. Bully :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sloppy thirds (whatever it is).

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Not good is what that is o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. She looks beautiful:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have sent him a message with the photos attached, no reply as yet but have had a call from Ducati Italy, they want to help me with this so fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. It is good to hear that Ducati Italy have got in touch as surely it is in their interest to investigate this. You found the cracked frame before any real problem developed but if you had been unaware of the crack and it had broken completely while riding at a high speed things could turn out very differently. Surely Ducati have a duty of care to sort this out. Not to mention their reputation to consider.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Perhaps you should tell Tim about this too, so he can leave it with the Italians and not muddy the waters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Didn't think he was into Blues..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information