1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 848 Transport

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ash Hussain, Mar 11, 2019.

1. If you check my photo you will see I have wrapped the straps around the grips - put a tie wrap on too to prevent it slipping off. This takes the strap away from the fairing. Also as someone mentioned earlier, a tie wrap on the front brake too. I once wrapped the strap around the front brake leaver on my MV and it snapped the leaver o_O

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank you very much. I’ts a looooong 520mile round trip. I’ll be packing everything the night before.

3. And hearing noises from the back the whole journey :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Mrs is coming along. Yes you guessed it. She’s going in the back!
    Hahah.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dont you just !
    Go around a corner and thinking has it moved, stop and have a look ,go a bit farther ,look again :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Took my bulkhead out :blush::upyeah:

7. Good thinking :upyeah:

8. Don’t crank the ratchet straps up too tight when compressing the forks or you’ll risk popping a fork seal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Wassy.

10. I see all these professionals ratcheting down bikes to within an inch of their lives even proudly putting squashed superbike pictures on their websites.

They won’t fall over that’s for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Offer to take as many small children as you can, out for the day. Pick up the bike, then pack the kids around the bike and tell them the one who stays still and quiet the longest will get a massive ice cream. The kids should stop the bike moving about, job done. :D

12. Hahahah
    Dead!

13. just get the wifey to sit on it

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Done! Got her home. My first Ducati.

6CEE1EE7-344A-453F-AD3D-FFDDA9FBB562.jpeg

7E3FABC4-0411-4F23-8247-EE83778BA33C.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Nice bike now get the rear pegs off :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was thinking that too. Are they difficult to do?

17. Nope two bolts each

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks buddy. Will do it in the morning.

19. Don’t scratch the exhausts keep hold of the footrest while undoing the bolts, sounds obvious but hey, or cover the exhaust pipework with a towel etc :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thank you very much.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information