1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 851/888 Forum

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by ducati dad, Apr 15, 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  1. As much as I like to see the prices going up on these bikes, apart from the bar ends, monstrous Agip Sticker on the side and alcantara look seat pad coverings, the bike looks fairly standard. £35,000 is on the very high side and it isn't that special to command that price. Mid to high £20k's would be more reasonable, based on others that are out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. upload_2021-7-29_10-33-31.png

It's got no current MOT and only one recorded past MOT. Wonder why... laid up for a long time?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Let's hope so for that stupid price tag.

4. Waaaay over priced, the seller's dreaming IMHO!
    You could probably find a 888SPS aka SP(4)S or a rough 888/926 Corse for that sort of cash.
    I'd buy the Tomaselli gold coloured bar end weights from him for another little project of mine though, they're pretty much like gold dust these days as are OEM 851/888 Black plastic ones also.

Steve R

5. £35 k for an SP5 ?
    What ever.

£22k absolute maximum.

6. Pricey eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've bought a few vehicles over the years but tell me how do you close a deal with a thirteen thousand pound difference in the asking price.:thinkingface:

8. Just don't buy that one! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. What do you think i'm made of money or something.:punch:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I think @Steve Robins is way too busy on buying motorcyles than answering this question.:p

11. TBH here I can't see anything that special with that motor, A1 cams are only very early Corse/tricolor kit cams that were fitted to the later SP 2,3 and 4's.
    '92 spec heads were either Strada 851, SP4 33/29mm valves or possibly ("G") Corse heads* with 34/30 valves, neither of which are that "Hot" spec'.
    *and it hasn't got "G" spec heads.
    For me it just seems to be a motor built from left over spares and as such very over priced IMO.

Edit...
    Pukka Corse motors had magnesium outer covers everywhere except the front cylinder exhaust valve covers, were fitted with an oil cooler and the belts had different idler/tensioner rollers which were all made from alloy.
    I can't see any of those parts fitted to the motor in the advert???

Steve R

#176 Steve Robins, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Thank christ for that edit button,;)...many thanks.:upyeah:

13. Flipping heck mate , did you design the bikes ? That's pretty in depth :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. add me to the list. 1993 888 Strada.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information